Relegation thread

Knutserov13

18 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I'm absolutely shitting myself. I didn't think I could feel more nervous than what I felt during the Albion semi final penalty shootout last year but my god this has topped that. Dreading it. 

Sooner this is all sorted and I can just chill out again the better. 

It's really high stakes (obviously!!!) - Stay up and even if Smith flounders we are PL club - and if needed attract a better manager.

Relegated we will probably keep DS. if he flounders  we might be looking a replacement bottom half of the championship & mid season.

Probably not as dramatic as that - but that's why I will be bricking it from 4pm tommorow.

58 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Anyone else not nervous? We are in the best position, we are the most in form team, we have the easiest fixture, we have the best goal difference, we have the best individual player... I could go on, we have played well since restart, I see no reason for that not to continue, I’m only disappointed we haven’t played to this standard and capability throughout the rest of the season. relax everyone and enjoy the game.  

I think West Ham are the form team to be honest.

I just don't see us beating them.

Edit : west ham 6th in current form - villa 14th 

Edited by hippo

30 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I'm absolutely shitting myself. I didn't think I could feel more nervous than what I felt during the Albion semi final penalty shootout last year but my god this has topped that. Dreading it. 

Sooner this is all sorted and I can just chill out again the better. 

I think the Albion semi final shootout was some next level nerves. So far, this is nervy but not on the same level thank ****

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Yeah I know that but I was referring to the form team of the three in the relegation battle. I can see us picking up a result but even if we don’t I just don’t see Watford or Bournemouth bettering our results. 

On 23/07/2020 at 23:20, Mark_1989 said:

Delusional - sorry that I set our sights higher than 34points. 

So say we go down because we lose Sunday and Bournemouth win it’ll be seen as a shocking season yet if we stay up due to all 3 of us losing it’s decent.

I find it hard to see how we can gloss it up. Yes I will be delighted due to how the season has gone and our mini turn of form at the end. Just don’t think it’s decent.

Either way. Up the boys for Sunday!!!

Not decent but definitely acceptable  taking the  situation at the end of last season into account! Onwards and upwards

ill be amazed if we avoid the scenario that a goal in any of the 3 games in the last 10 mins doesn’t impact us

hopefully Bournemouth and Watford are 3-0 down at half time and we’re 5-0 up (but even then it is villa...) but I just don’t see anything other than watching through my fingers come the death of it all

• Like 2

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

If we survive on a 1 point gap we should thank goal line technology!

Would we get abuse from Cherries and Watford fans? Yes. Will it be hilarious? Yes

Or bemoan the Palace away game. 

If’s and but’s are ‘meh’. Everyone has a moment in the season where they think things turned or it was an ‘if’ moment.

Ultimately, we are where we are because we’re not a very good side. The Sheffield United moment wasn’t that important really. Who’s to say we wouldn't have changed the way we played and gone on to win that game had they been allowed the goal? 

Come on Villa, just one more game. 

UTV.

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

ill be amazed if we avoid the scenario that a goal in any of the 3 games in the last 10 mins doesn’t impact us

hopefully Bournemouth and Watford are 3-0 down at half time and we’re 5-0 up (but even then it is villa...) but I just don’t see anything other than watching through my fingers come the death of it all

I was thinking this earlier. Scenarios like this just don’t ever seem to be concluded in the first 20-45 mins of a match. E.g. we’re one up and both Bournemouth and Watford are two down.

There will probably be a moment tomorrow where we slip back into the bottom 3. This will go down to the wire and probably the last 10 mins where a goal somewhere will change everything. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

We are going to win 2-0 and it won't matter an ants willy what happens with Bournmouth & Watford.      :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Last three games our form is identical to West Ham and Wolves and only bettered by City and Tottenham. But yes, not like we are playing a team that has been struggling lately.

I've never been less nervous about a game.

Villa disappoint. It's what we do. I fully expect West Ham to completely **** us and for Watford and Bournemouth to turn into prime Brazil and Barca respectively, and us to go down.

On goal difference, just to twist the knife that little more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not hugely nervous as I've said before I'll find it hard to get into next season if most of it is played BCD or with limited capacities. This season was just a case of needs must and finishing things off.

Obviously better if we stay up but I fear we won't sign that well as usual and will be in thick of another relegation battle. Think we'll come straight back and dominate the championship as a few have said above.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Or bemoan the Palace away game. 

If’s and but’s are ‘meh’. Everyone has a moment in the season where they think things turned or it was an ‘if’ moment.

Ultimately, we are where we are because we’re not a very good side. The Sheffield United moment wasn’t that important really. Who’s to say we wouldn't have changed the way we played and gone on to win that game had they been allowed the goal? 

Come on Villa, just one more game. 

UTV.

Yep very true.

It's all hypotheticals. Was still plenty of time to equalise.

16 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I've never been less nervous about a game.

Villa disappoint. It's what we do. I fully expect West Ham to completely **** us and for Watford and Bournemouth to turn into prime Brazil and Barca respectively, and us to go down.

On goal difference, just to twist the knife that little more.

I'm feeling the same way. Urgh.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

We win 5 - 4 and Watford win 3 - 0.

I’ve crunched the numbers, and assuming that a W,D,L has probability of 1/3 for each game and assuming that if Watford and us both Win or Lose then they don’t overturn the GD then 17/27 scenarios see us safe, 9/27 scenarios see Watford safe and 1/27 sees Bournemouth safe.. of course they are massive assumptions so the whole thing was a waste of time... #pointlesscalculations

Edited by ben1505

4 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Didn’t we play Jedinak as a CB too at one point? Desperate times.

Surely that is a logical even positively sensible decision when compared to playing Chris Samba as a striker. 

• Like 1