Relegation thread

Knutserov13

2 hours ago, Hobbit Feet said:

He definitely will be I put him as my dream team captain this week! But seriously hasn’t he got a chance of getting the golden boot? So I think he will play and score a couple hopefully. Arteta also spoke midweek about fielding a strong team out because teams are involved in a relegation battle and it’s fair so hopefully he does that.

I think Arteta will put out his preferred FA Cup team as they need to re-discover recent form v man city and get themselves up for Chelsea. Dress rehearsal. Ars 3-1 Watford. I think Bournemouth can beat Everton 1-0 so I think we will need a draw as a minimum.

Arteta will not want to be seen to pick a weak team for the sake of doing the right thing by the league. He seems an honourable sort.

Watford look broken. Arsenal should see them off comfortably. This is how it should go. Of course, it wont be that straightforward.

Just now, deeps said:

It’s Bournemouth who really worry me. Plus, you just cannot trust arsenal. Wish they were both playing Chelsea, Utd, Wolves or Leicester. 

I agree. Players at WTF-ord have lost all interest in playing for this owner after the crazy sacking. Pearson will walk into another job after a month into the new season when someone is struggling.

4 minutes ago, deeps said:

It’s Bournemouth who really worry me. Plus, you just cannot trust arsenal. Wish they were both playing Chelsea, Utd, Wolves or Leicester. 

If you worry about Bournemouth then that means you believe we will lose today

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Villa94 said:

i still cant believe we are in this position from being 7 points behind 🤞

To be perfectly honest mate, I'd accepted relegation a good few weeks ago. So much so that I didn't even realise after the Arsenal game that things were pretty much in our own hands. 

Absolutely amazing turnaround. 

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If you worry about Bournemouth then that means you believe we will lose today

No it doesn’t, it means you’re aware it’s a possibility. Not necessarily that you believe it will happen. 

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

No it doesn’t, it means you’re aware it’s a possibility. Not necessarily that you believe it will happen. 

This. But I can see them causing Everton problems. 

30 minutes ago, chappy said:

Was feeling relatively calm... but then I read the last ten pages of this thread. Go well today everyone UTV

Why does talk about Steve Bruce uncalm you?

Maybe it was that photo of him as a woman

Anyone else find it strange how other clubs fans hate us and want us to go down ? Twitter is full of it.. find it strange. Is it because people like Howe/Bournemouth fairytale (even though it isn’t) or just hate us? Saying that absolutely everyone wants Watford to go down seemingly too. 

11 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Is it too early for beer? 

Good strategy. Drink 6 or 7 now. Have a row with the missus. Fall asleep. Wake up at 6pm. Missus still not talking to you so straight to the boozer to celebrate/drown your sorrows. Pick up the pieces tomorrow!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So Jeff Stelling just said 1 point for Villa will keep us in the premier league🤔

Either he thinks Watford have no chance against Arsenal or he hasnt looked at the table properly

With the number of people completely confused at what keeps us up (even reading the last 20 odd pages here) I just hope everyone at the club is aware of what is required 

• Thanks 1