Relegation thread

Knutserov13

43 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Let’s make a pledge to be nice to each other for the next 24 hours. We’ve been through a lot together, good and bad. Maybe we can do just one day without getting frustrated, without hitting out at a difference of opinion, we’ve all been guilty of it. Relegation or staying up, we are all Villa. 💪

What even to Villalad?? 😀

• Haha 1

Anyone else not nervous? We are in the best position, we are the most in form team, we have the easiest fixture, we have the best goal difference, we have the best individual player... I could go on, we have played well since restart, I see no reason for that not to continue, I’m only disappointed we haven’t played to this standard and capability throughout the rest of the season. relax everyone and enjoy the game.  

3 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Anyone else not nervous? We are in the best position, we are the most in form team, we have the easiest fixture, we have the best goal difference, we have the best individual player... I could go on, we have played well since restart, I see no reason for that not to continue, I’m only disappointed we haven’t played to this standard and capability throughout the rest of the season. relax everyone and enjoy the game.  

I am bricking myself to be honest.  As I have said in a prior post I have been confident we would stay up all along but I am incredibly nervous now as Villa has disappointed me so many times down the years.  I’m still confident though! 🤢

Edited by nick76

i'm more nervous than the 2 playoff finals combined

the first i just knew we'd lose

the 2nd i knew we'd win, even when derby got a goal back

i haven't a scooby what will happen tomorrow though...

4 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I'm not nervous. If we go down then we go down. We've done well to be in this position given where we were 2 weeks ago. This team does well under pressure.

I won't accept David Moyes relegating us.

• Like 1

I'm nervous too. I started looking back at how close recent head to head matches were between Everton vs Bournemouth and Arsenal vs Watford and feel worse after doing that!

Be glad when the match is out the way just so we know where we are.

6 ways to stay up

6 ways to go down

3 teams who are poor vs 3 teams with nothing to play for, us with a bit of confidence vs arguably the worst team out of the 3 but who have also found some form 

Anything could happen, just got to hope we turn up, play well, don't get **** by VAR and see it through

The disappointment and anger will only come from me if we are shit

and to make matters worse i can see it being between us and bournemouth. afcb fans have become the most insufferable, obnoxious bunch of words removed in the league last 2 years. if they stay up it'll be a nightmare round my way. desperate for them to go down so their fans go back to supporting arsenal and man u

I'm absolutely shitting myself. I didn't think I could feel more nervous than what I felt during the Albion semi final penalty shootout last year but my god this has topped that. Dreading it. 

Sooner this is all sorted and I can just chill out again the better. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

What is important is who is available.

We need to think big and act like a big club. Messed around with average British managers for far too long.

Hughton would be underwhelming. If that is the other option i wouldn't be that much against sticking with Smith.

Good managers are rarely available. You identify who you want and don't take no for an answer.

We haven't done that in over 10 years - we've taken lesser managers in the hope they come good. It's been a total disaster.

40 minutes ago, useless said:

I'm nervious but not as nervous as before the play-off final, as I think if we go down we'll come back up with one hundred plus points.

Agree. Clearly I hope we stay up but if we go down we will smash the Championship to pieces.

44 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

We have more options of staying up than Watford. Bournemouth are dangling by a thread. 

We can do this.

We WILL do this, I've been telling you for weeks!!!! Hope this doesn't bite me on the arse!!!!