Relegation thread

Knutserov13

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Said it before but definitely watching the Bournemouth game today - that is the one to watch. No way Watford get anything, and that is a fully considered opinion. 

Don't trust Arsenal one bit, I'm very worried Watford will try to rough them up and they will have one eye on the final and pull out of 50/50s. They also seem very fragile at set pieces. 

I also don't trust what side they are even going to put out today. Knowing our luck the likes of Aubameyang will be on the bench.

• Like 1

Just now, VillaAlex said:

Don't trust Arsenal one bit, I'm very worried Watford will try to rough them up and they will have one eye on the final and pull out of 50/50s. They also seem very fragile at set pieces. 

I also don't trust what side they are even going to put out today. Knowing our luck the likes of Aubameyang will be on the bench.

Fair enough, but I've thought it through like a gazillion times - I know it's one game, but there is absolutely no signal of Watford being in the right frame of mind - let alone how Arsenal feel having not registered a shot on target Vs us. 

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Fair enough, but I've thought it through like a gazillion times - I know it's one game, but there is absolutely no signal of Watford being in the right frame of mind - let alone how Arsenal feel having not registered a shot on target Vs us. 

I dont trust arsenal either, they were toothless against us and will be similar today. We need to ignore the others and just win. Beating west ham by 2 would likely do it. If we spending the day relaying on arsenal, I'll be in bits

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

It's just gone midday here and the match isn't till after midnight..... So I'm going to hit the bevvies with the Mrs and have a nap because I can't handle another 12 hours of contemplating the various outcomes.

See you all on here before the match. I love this community on here, it's like a family. Yes even those who rile me up ❤️

No matter your opinions, now is the time to believe. UTV

What is your tipple, do they actually still sell Castlemaine in Australia

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

He definitely will be I put him as my dream team captain this week! But seriously hasn’t he got a chance of getting the golden boot? So I think he will play and score a couple hopefully. Arteta also spoke midweek about fielding a strong team out because teams are involved in a relegation battle and it’s fair so hopefully he does that.

Trying to look at this logically, which is probably flawed anyway, but hey ho still 7 hours to kick off.

We are all away so no advantage there. Except perhaps Arsenal at home are considerably better than they are away. None of the opponents have any specific need to win, other than professional pride etc, so again no advantage. 

The advantage that the other two have, particularly Bournemouth, is that they have to win and in a way that means that they will feel that they have to go for it. Bournemouth to some extent have nothing to lose and that may be liberating for them. 

Where we perhaps have a slight advantage is that we are playing the team in the league closest to us and so in theory the worst of the three. They have found some form recently, but then so have we. Aston Villa before shut down would almost certainly have lost, but we are a different side now. 

If we show passion, commitment and composure we are good enough to see this through. UTV!!!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

We are going to win 2-0 and it won't matter an ants willy what happens with Bournmouth & Watford.      :lol:

Unless Watford win 4-0 😉

Edited by jim
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Have a strong feeling 1 point will be enough 

I don’t, I think Watford will get 3 points. 

4 minutes ago, jim said:

Unless Watford win 3-0 😉

Don’t they need to better us by 2 goals? This is all so bloody confusing. I might just wait and then look at the league table at 6pm. Hopefully it will be clear by then!

23 minutes ago, Junxs said:

That wouldn't matter if we won 2-0, your joke has backfired 👾

My bad thought we were on level gd.

4-0 then.

32 minutes ago, Hobbit Feet said:

Who would take a point now if offered?

Depends what happens elsewhere. We need to win to be sure of anything. 

Edited by jim

I reckon it’ll be Watford winning 1-0, Bournemouth winning 1-0 and we’re drawing 0-0 in the 93rd minute. Snoddy knows what’s up. He still loves the boys. Casually bangs in a 30 yard own goal to let Villa survive. 

• Haha 2