Relegation thread

Knutserov13

I just can’t read anymore. This is getting nervous. The more I think, the more nervous I get. Thinking of it is hard by itself. I just hope we can do it tomorrow. 
We haven’t been in this situation before, for the last relegation battles. The last two years we had two playoff finals. This season we got this. 
I can remember how I was in the last two playoff finals. Especially the first. I remember not sleeping properly.

Chins up, far-away VillaTalk pals. Been a long year, and it comes down to 90 minutes in an empty stadium. This is it.

Keep the faith. Our club is well-run, other future looks bright, and the sun rises in spite of everything. I think we’ll be fine tomorrow but, even if we go down, there are worse things in the world right now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, villalad21 said:

All the "doubters" are asking is for the team to perform and fight for a full season.

Why do we have to delay it until the last 10 games of the season? That's what frustrates us so much.

I know it frustrates you but that is where we are at the moment 

We are not the Villa of the past and people need to realise that

We might get there but it takes time

1 hour ago, Enda said:

Chins up, far-away VillaTalk pals. Been a long year, and it comes down to 90 minutes in an empty stadium. This is it.

Why has it been a long year, it's the same as every other year right? 😉

6 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I think the Albion semi final shootout was some next level nerves. So far, this is nervy but not on the same level thank ****

I've done the exact same comparison myself. Not being complacent - we still had a final to win, but the team showed a mentality that gave me some confidence - I have to say they've the done the same now - a few minutes from 3 straight wins. I'm less nervous because the team I've watched the last 3 games makes me so. But we all know it can go wrong. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

Let’s just hope we can shut this thread down once and for all at 6pm today. 

Oh no keep it open,its great talking relegation and dont forget we can talk next seasons relegation well whether were in it or a few other poor chaps.

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think today is a huge day in Villa history, if we stay up then the sky is the limit. We have survived the shit of last 8 years or so and can't get worse 

I agree. I think the only way is up if we stay up

Nervous as hell right now. I know if we go down, we will be very competitive next year. But I want to see what these owners are willing to do right now. 

I think we could really push on if things go for us. 

I'm not confident at all. I can see us losing and one of the others causing an upset. 

The arsenal team selection worries me. 

West Ham 2-0 Villa

Arsenal 1-0 Watford

Everton 1-1 Bournemouth

we can afford a scenario like the above. West Ham is a tough game, our record in LDN is shocking but I just got a feeling the other results will go for us. Remember when PPG was a very real possibility and we would have been relegated, or the fact we had it all to do before the Palace game? The football Gods were smiling upon us with the sequence of results that have somehow allowed us to go into the day as favourites to beat the drop. Its a privilege we even get to hear our arseholes flapping today 🙌

UTV

• Like 1

Regardless of what happen today , it will not be as bad as the 2016 season .. down in April / Lescott infamous phone message/ our first unknown journey into the championship... let’s enjoy the excitement & maybe Villa just win a game of football today, if they won’t mind the trouble ...

4 minutes ago, Digavilla said:

Regardless of what happen today , it will not be as bad as the 2016 season .. down in April / Lescott infamous phone message/ our first unknown journey into the championship... let’s enjoy the excitement & maybe Villa just win a game of football today, if they won’t mind the trouble ...

Not as bad in terms of the scale and size of the shitshow, no.

But I can assure you we will all feel worse today if the worst happens simply because we are within touching distance and on the cusp of better times. Last time the writing was on the wall for months and we had time to adjust in accepting our fate.

• Like 1