Erling Braut Håland

mikeyp102

Some funny ones non football related I can think off the top of my head is 'Belvoir' in Leicestershire. Obviously founded and named by the Norman medieval aristocracy but the Leicestershire shit eater peasants at the time probably one of them could barely read and pronounced it as 'beaver' and its still called that 😂

Personal names are the same like Salah Ah Din was changed to 'Saladin'. 

Lad's alright at football, isn't he? I sure hope he has an off-day at the weekend because otherwise we're in for an absolute tonking.

I don't particularly like Man City and the bloke isn't even English but I like him a lot. Feels like we're going to be watching something pretty special unfold this season!

1 hour ago, Panto_Villan said:

Lad's alright at football, isn't he? I sure hope he has an off-day at the weekend because otherwise we're in for an absolute tonking.

I don't particularly like Man City and the bloke isn't even English but I like him a lot. Feels like we're going to be watching something pretty special unfold this season!

He is actually English 😂

On 29/08/2022 at 00:02, Zatman said:

Mark Kinsella for a start

Should be KINsela, right? 

Although there was a kid called Kinsella at my school, and he and his entire family pronounced it KinSELLA. 

55 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

He is actually English 😂

He's not though, is he? He was born in England to two Norweigan parents and moved back to Norway at age 3, and he's declared internationally for Norway. 

He'd be entitled to British citizenship if he wanted it but as far as I'm aware he's not claimed it? Seems a lot like he's Norweigan to me.

1 hour ago, Panto_Villan said:

He's not though, is he? He was born in England to two Norweigan parents and moved back to Norway at age 3, and he's declared internationally for Norway. 

He'd be entitled to British citizenship if he wanted it but as far as I'm aware he's not claimed it? Seems a lot like he's Norweigan to me.

He doesn't have to. It's automatic.

24 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

He doesn't have to. It's automatic.

How exactly would it be automatic? In common with most countries in Europe - and in contrast to most countries in the Americas - we don't have birthright citizenship in this country.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

How exactly would it be automatic? In common with most countries in Europe - and in contrast to most countries in the Americas - we don't have birthright citizenship in this country.

It's going to be hard for me to explain it to you then.

Â