Erling Braut Håland

mikeyp102

On 03/09/2022 at 21:46, villa4europe said:

Something tells me come the end of the season a statistical analysis of him will be mindboggling, he's going to tear it up 

He's overperforming vs his xG at the moment which would usually lead to a conclusion that he'll slow down and revert to the mean. 

But Haaland is one of the few players in the world who consistently overperforms vs xG. 

In a team like Man City where they create a lot of chances anyway, he's frightening

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

He's overperforming vs his xG at the moment which would usually lead to a conclusion that he'll slow down and revert to the mean. 

But Haaland is one of the few players in the world who consistently overperforms vs xG. 

In a team like Man City where they create a lot of chances anyway, he's frightening

Said when they signed him I think he'll be the best and biggest player man City have ever had, for all his qualities I don't think KDB is that global superstar, this guy will be, he'll be the one selling shirts in South East Asia for them and the FUT card that everyone wants... But at the same time from a football perspective I like him, think he's more watchable than say aguero or yaya or previous stars at city that I had no interest in 

Him vs mings was great, both players looked like they were having fun 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Said when they signed him I think he'll be the best and biggest player man City have ever had, for all his qualities I don't think KDB is that global superstar, this guy will be, he'll be the one selling shirts in South East Asia for them and the FUT card that everyone wants... But at the same time from a football perspective I like him, think he's more watchable than say aguero or yaya or previous stars at city that I had no interest in 

Him vs mings was great, both players looked like they were having fun 

Yeah I agree. he's the kind of player that can score a goal out of absolutely nothing. On a regular basis.

He's Messi and Ronaldo level in that respect. Time will tell if he can match their goal tallies and longevity.

But in terms of getting you out of your seat and igniting games, he has the same qualities.

He is actually a very nice guy. At least that is the impression I have gotten from the Norwegian interviews and reports of him over the last years. Can be a bit funny and unorthodox when interviewed after the matches, but he has zero superstar acts. Maybe apart from how angry he is at himself or team mates when he/they disappoint.

I remember when his father played for City and they had lost 4-0 to Charlton. He actually paid some supporters the gasolin costs as a «i'm sorry» when he met them at a gas station. I really think Haaland may become a legend at City.

It's worth to note that Haaland also have some long dry spells with no goals. They will come at City too.

3 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

He is a weird looking MOFO!

Agreed…

He looks like the kind of person who would commit the kinds of crimes that certain former and current Man City players seem to have found themselves arrested for in recent years…

• Confused 2

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep, look at that third goal in his hattrick against Palace. No other player in the premier league is scoring that goal. His pure physicality scores that goal. And that's only part of his game.

is that the one where he had the ball played to him between two defenders, and he shrugged them off like under 12s and fired it in?

If thats what you mean, yeah, i was super impressed with that goal.

2 hours ago, DeepDish said:

He is actually a very nice guy. At least that is the impression I have gotten from the Norwegian interviews and reports of him over the last years. Can be a bit funny and unorthodox when interviewed after the matches, but he has zero superstar acts. Maybe apart from how angry he is at himself or team mates when he/they disappoint.

I remember when his father played for City and they had lost 4-0 to Charlton. He actually paid some supporters the gasolin costs as a «i'm sorry» when he met them at a gas station. I really think Haaland may become a legend at City.

It's worth to note that Haaland also have some long dry spells with no goals. They will come at City too.

He seems like a nice guy but I am not sure his interview/media style is a bit different that I can see the media wanting to turn on him. He isnt a dickhead but he doesnt seem very media trained so people will pick up on it wrongly

As for goal drought his longest at Dortmund was 3 games just after he returned from injury so didnt finish them all

9 hours ago, MaVilla said:

is that the one where he had the ball played to him between two defenders, and he shrugged them off like under 12s and fired it in?

If thats what you mean, yeah, i was super impressed with that goal.

Yep that's the one. The pass was good but it was slightly behind him so by the time he gathered it he still had 2 defenders in front of him. And like you said he just used raw power to shrug them off and fire them home.

Nobody else in the league is scoring that goal

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I don't get how people can be so invested in football to then have so much hatred and then think like that 

It’s not an investment in football…

someone said Haaland is a weird looking bloke… I followed it up with some more specifics and related it to the club he now plays for…

Its a fact…

Since the Sheikhs took over in 2008, Man City have had 4 players or players previously associated with them that have been arrested, tried and convicted of “those kind of crimes”.

Thats one of those kinds of people every 3.5 years…

And three of them only got collared after they left the warm, safe financial embrace of City’s incredibly wealthy and powerful owners…

The BBC covered up the wrongdoings of some rotters for years and years…

And I guarantee Citehs owners have more money than the BBC…

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

someone said Haaland is a weird looking bloke… I followed it up with some more specifics and related it to the club he now plays for…

Its a fact…

Since the Sheikhs took over in 2008, Man City have had 4 players or players previously associated with them that have been arrested, tried and convicted of “those kind of crimes”.

And three of them only got collared after they left the warm, safe financial embrace of City’s incredibly wealthy and powerful owners…

So so weird

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Its a fact…

thats what i mean!

how can you hate man city so much that you then go off in that direction?

Â