Erling Braut Håland

mikeyp102

The third yesterday is the epitome of him and why I always thought he’d be a success. Strong direct running down the middle of the pitch. He knows when and where he wants the ball played then when he gets the ball he is so calm and it never appears he has any doubt how he’ll finish it. Then when you add in the players who will be playing the through balls to him and it’s inevitable. 

This chap is a beast. He doesn’t fit City’s system and to be honest he doesn’t want to and doesn’t have to. He will score shedloads out of sheer brute force alone.

He looks like a giant out there. He’s only a young’un as well yet he makes everyone else look like dwarves.

An astonishing player and he hasn’t even got going yet. If pep is as good as they say he will just leave Haaland to do as he wishes and make him the focal point for play going forward.

I hate City. I really do but I love watching this guy play. Scary player. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Ya, everybody knows!

Erling was born in Leeds.

As absurd as it sounds, I think he'd have struggled to get picked over Kane (says more about our long-standing manager issues than him), so he probably made the right choice to play for Norway.

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

The third yesterday is the epitome of him and why I always thought he’d be a success. Strong direct running down the middle of the pitch. He knows when and where he wants the ball played then when he gets the ball he is so calm and it never appears he has any doubt how he’ll finish it. Then when you add in the players who will be playing the through balls to him and it’s inevitable. 

It was an amazing goal really. Just shrugs of the defender and then finishes really well under pressure. He is in a league for himself currently. Fantastic start to the season for him. You'd never believe it was his 4th Premier League game ever.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

could someone please spell his name right in the title please, it shouldnt bug me, but it does.

tyvm.

Didn't even know he changed it to Haaland, thought that was just the English spelling :D 

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Isnt that the Norweigan spelling

It's a weird one, because even the Scandinavian language pages on Wikipedia have it as Haaland, maybe because it was anglicized when born in Leeds?

7 hours ago, a-k said:

It's a weird one, because even the Scandinavian language pages on Wikipedia have it as Haaland, maybe because it was anglicized when born in Leeds?

No, he actually changed it himself från Håland to Haaland to make it a bit more international compared to Håland. I think it was in 2019 or 2020.

8 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

The English have a long, long history of completely butchering pronunciation so this isn't bad at all

Yes, like the commentators repeatedly calling Kamara, camera

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

The English have a long, long history of completely butchering pronunciation so this isn't bad at all

2 hours ago, a-k said:

Yes, like the commentators repeatedly calling Kamara, camera

My current favourite is Martin Odourguard.

Â