Erling Braut Håland

mikeyp102

16 hours ago, JPJCB said:

He’s a bit overrated isn’t he. Dont get me wrong the stats don’t lie and he is an unbelievable goal scorer. But if you asked the average city fan if they’d rather he was suspended or Rodri for tonight’s game they’d have said haaland

He is absolutely not overated lol

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He is absolutely not overated lol

I’ve got a city mate who doesn’t even think he’s city’s best player (Rodri and KdB both better) and yet he’s finishing second in the ballon d’or. That suggests to me he is overrated by the broader footballing world 

1 minute ago, DJBOB said:

Can there be such a thing as a luxury striker?

Absolutely incredible finishing and physicality.

Anonymous otherwise.

He made some key clearances from his own box in the second half to be fair.  They got immediately recycled, but that was because they had 11 men in their box

24 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Can there be such a thing as a luxury striker?

Absolutely incredible finishing and physicality.

Anonymous otherwise.

I think there can be.  Haaland isn't this, though.  He's just required to play that way for Man City.  They don't need (theoretically) a striker to drop deep and link up play - they have enough talent to do all of that, but need a spearhead who will finish moves off.

Haaland's finishing hasn't been as good this season IMO, but he's still scored 4 league goals more than anyone else.

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I think there can be.  Haaland isn't this, though.  He's just required to play that way for Man City.  They don't need (theoretically) a striker to drop deep and link up play - they have enough talent to do all of that, but need a spearhead who will finish moves off.

Haaland's finishing hasn't been as good this season IMO, but he's still scored 4 league goals more than anyone else.

Yeah he's clearly an amazing finisher, his sense of timing his runs and the way he can break clear of the last line is top. Also his instincts in the box are usually spot on.

I guess I wouldn't call Lewandowski in his prime a luxury strike either.

I think keepers are studying his shot profile more too. His left footedness is well known but Emi's stop from him was well practiced.

Edited by DJBOB

As good of a goalscorer as he is he isn't unstoppable to stifle out of a game.

If you stop the supply he is very limited to what he can do.

Haaland is not a Henry who can take a game by the scruff of it's neck and dribble past 3-4 players and do it on his own.

20 hours ago, JPJCB said:

I’ve got a city mate who doesn’t even think he’s city’s best player (Rodri and KdB both better) and yet he’s finishing second in the ballon d’or. That suggests to me he is overrated by the broader footballing world 

Rodri and KdB are certainly both more important. 

Haaland finishes you the the chances you create, but if you're not creating a lot for him he literally does nothing as we saw the other night.

21 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

As good of a goalscorer as he is he isn't unstoppable to stifle out of a game.

If you stop the supply he is very limited to what he can do.

Haaland is not a Henry who can take a game by the scruff of it's neck and dribble past 3-4 players and do it on his own.

He absolutely can. It's just not as elegant. The guy can run through and past people for fun you just won't see under Pep.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Â