Erling Braut Håland

mikeyp102

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Is his name with two A’s or one A like in the title of this thread?

also is it pronounced Haaa-land or Hal-and. 

Just call him Hauland, because that's what he's gonna do all season for FPL players

10 goals in 6 games 

Who was it who said he wouldnt be suited to the PL? 

Sky pulled the stat early in the game, 12 touches per goal... Madness

Reminds me of way back when I was with work at a FIFA launch event, think it was the game with Scholes on the front, they had Ian rush and John Barnes there and they said Michael Owen season before had scored a great hattrick vs Newcastle, he spent 11 seconds on the ball in that 90 minute game and scored 3 goals 

15 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

The word tap in merchant bugs me. 

If it was that easy anyone would be able to do it. 

Being at the right place at the right time is a rare skill that can't be taught. 

I agree

But at the same time in a pep team with all that possession and passing when you're then saying he's taking 14 touches, not passes, touches, per goal

So for example tonight city make 754 passes so it should be on average 69 passes per player but Haaland is maybe making about 10 of them? 

Remove tap in merchant and say all he does is score goals and a **** lot of them! 

Something tells me come the end of the season a statistical analysis of him will be mindboggling, he's going to tear it up 

He's not a tap in merchant at all - he's just an intelligent player.  Doesn't bother wasting his time dropping deep for the ball and pretty much every touch he takes is a shot or created chance around the box.  Works particularly well with City, of course, as they have other quality players breaking to join him.  That De Bruyne effort today comes from great control and pass from Haaland.  His second(?) against Forest is a ball into him, turns and plays it to Foden then just gets into the right area and picks up a deflected effort.  That whole jump finish thing he has (like today) will be a trademark Haaland finish - much like Ronaldo's hang in the air for headers.

So yeah, not only is he intelligent, he's strong, quick, good in the air and technically brilliant.  Probably the most complete striker I've seen and he's just turned 22.  Absolutely insane :D 

• Like 3

Just seen an ESPN piece on him, I know we had some on here wheel out the bundesliga is a poor league he won't do it here nonsense... But somehow they do make it sound like he is a genuine underdog and not one of the biggest talents in world football 

Plucky man City have somehow got themselves a bargain 

I like him but that bullshit will soon turn me off him, **** that, they threw a serious amount of money at a guy who was always going to be a PL hit, there's nothing clever to see here, just money buying success 

• Like 1

Haaland is just an incredible player. You have to admire the skill set he has. His anticipation and knowing where to be fore the bas even played is scary. If he stays around in england for 5-10 years he could match kanes record

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Haaland is just an incredible player. You have to admire the skill set he has. His anticipation and knowing where to be fore the bas even played is scary. If he stays around in england for 5-10 years he could match kanes record

Didn't Kane start in the premier league around the age of 22-23 too? 

Edited by Pinebro

On 03/09/2022 at 21:59, bobzy said:

He's not a tap in merchant at all - he's just an intelligent player.  Doesn't bother wasting his time dropping deep for the ball and pretty much every touch he takes is a shot or created chance around the box.  Works particularly well with City, of course, as they have other quality players breaking to join him.  That De Bruyne effort today comes from great control and pass from Haaland.  His second(?) against Forest is a ball into him, turns and plays it to Foden then just gets into the right area and picks up a deflected effort.  That whole jump finish thing he has (like today) will be a trademark Haaland finish - much like Ronaldo's hang in the air for headers.

So yeah, not only is he intelligent, he's strong, quick, good in the air and technically brilliant.  Probably the most complete striker I've seen and he's just turned 22.  Absolutely insane :D 

Yep, look at that third goal in his hattrick against Palace. No other player in the premier league is scoring that goal. His pure physicality scores that goal. And that's only part of his game.

Â