Erling Braut Håland

mikeyp102

31 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Bayern highest wage is Lewa on 350k a week. I'm not sure they can afford him. 

They probably can but they won't pay that much because they are a sensibly run football club.

500k a week 100mil transfers is Barcelona and PSG. Not Bayern.

Maybe that's the reason Bayern are more likeable?

6 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

They probably can but they won't pay that much because they are a sensibly run football club.

500k a week 100mil transfers is Barcelona and PSG. Not Bayern.

Maybe that's the reason Bayern are more likeable?

All rumours are he wants a lot more than 500k a week and that's not including payment to his Dad or Mino.

Are Bayern likeable? 

Just now, Rds1983 said:

All rumours are he wants a lot more than 500k a week and that's not including payment to his Dad or Mino.

Maybe this is why we had a profit on player sales this summer. We are probably keeping our money to bring Haaland to Villa Park next summer. He would be a good backup to Ollie and Ings

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

Maybe this is why we had a profit on player sales this summer. We are probably keeping our money to bring Haaland to Villa Park next summer. He would be a good backup to Ollie and Ings

Nah, well move Watkins to LW, Ings as #10, Tuanzebe as DCM, Mings to LB and then play the remaining outfield players in a quintuple midfield pivot. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, sne said:

Nah, well move Watkins to LW, Ings as #10, Tuanzebe as DCM, Mings to LB and then play the remaining outfield players in a quintuple midfield pivot

Please don't joke about this. You'll make it a recurring suggestion in On Topic. 

• Haha 2

On 17/09/2021 at 13:23, Zatman said:

Compared to the rest they are

Bayern are the worst, in many ways.  They don't have an aim to "collect galaticos" in the same as Real Madrid or PSG, they don't spend quite the obscene amounts of Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd etc...

...but they systemically ruin the rest of German football.  Got a brilliant player in your team as a German club that isn't Bayern?  Bayern will buy him off you.  None of the other teams operate in such an anti-competitive way tbh.

(Haaland is amazing - I hope he doesn't go to Bayern)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Bayern are the worst, in many ways.  They don't have an aim to "collect galaticos" in the same as Real Madrid or PSG, they don't spend quite the obscene amounts of Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd etc...

...but they systemically ruin the rest of German football.  Got a brilliant player in your team as a German club that isn't Bayern?  Bayern will buy him off you.  None of the other teams operate in such an anti-competitive way tbh.

(Haaland is amazing - I hope he doesn't go to Bayern)

Bayern will convince him to run down his contract and join them for free. 

Dortmund have done similar from what I've heard. 

• Like 1

Bayern are Germany's Manchester United, but didn't get involved in the crazy money game to the extent of other clubs at their level across Europe. They are still absolutely despicable, but with a more palatable sustainable pricetag on everything.

A club winning their league 15 years out of the last 20, including 8 years on the trot, isn't good. And then having won the cup competitions throughout that period as well...

3 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Bayern will convince him to run down his contract and join them for free. 

Dortmund have done similar from what I've heard. 

Is that really a criticism though? People complain that players dont see out contracts, yet when they do its not a sign of loyalty 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Is that really a criticism though? People complain that players dont see out contracts, yet when they do its not a sign of loyalty 

People also complain about massive transfer fees but when Bayern takes on people 'for free' that's a problem.

Bayern are just the top team in the league. We need to understand, the Premier League (and Italian league to an extent) are different to the rest of Europe. Most countries have a top dog team that conquers all and naturally, the best players from that league will join them.

Can I remind you of what we, Aston Villa did when we were relegated? Bought the best players for money unheard of at the time at that level.

You might not like Bayern, but we can't blame them for doing what everyone else is. 

10 hours ago, Chindie said:

Bayern are Germany's Manchester United

United dont get away with buying their direct oppositions best players anymore, thankfully. Bayern still do. But your comparison is apt. 

Edited by villa89

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

7 hours ago, Mic09 said:

People also complain about massive transfer fees but when Bayern takes on people 'for free' that's a problem.

Some of this is a bit [citation needed] isn't it. When do people complain about players not seeing out contracts? I can't say that's a very common complaint I've seen. And usually I see people complaining about massive transfer fees in the context of complaining about how some clubs can afford them while most can't, ie people are complaining about exactly the same kind of anti-competitive situation Bayern have engineered, just through a different mechanism.

27 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Some of this is a bit [citation needed] isn't it. When do people complain about players not seeing out contracts? I can't say that's a very common complaint I've seen. And usually I see people complaining about massive transfer fees in the context of complaining about how some clubs can afford them while most can't, ie people are complaining about exactly the same kind of anti-competitive situation Bayern have engineered, just through a different mechanism.

sure was people complaining in the Grealish thread that he only signed a new contract last season. I bet they would have had the same negative reaction if he saw out his contract and left on a free

Â