Erling Braut Håland

mikeyp102

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

sure was people complaining in the Grealish thread that he only signed a new contract last season. I bet they would have had the same negative reaction if he saw out his contract and left on a free

Sure, there was never going to be a way for Grealish to leave that people wouldn't have moaned about. They'd have moaned whatever.

• Like 4

On 17/09/2021 at 12:33, Mic09 said:

They probably can but they won't pay that much because they are a sensibly run football club.

Haaland is a spectacular player but he and his agent have all the signs of being an absolute nightmare to work with. 

Sign him on 500k per week (some reports were 900k), pay the agent 40 millions, Absolutely guarantee after year 2 his agent will be touting him to PSG, City for 1 million per week and a 50 million agents fee. 

Bayern will correctly steer well clear and he will end up at Madrid, City or PSG.

When he goes that will weaken Dortmund sufficiently for Bayern to walk the league for another 2 seasons. 

18 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Some of this is a bit [citation needed] isn't it. When do people complain about players not seeing out contracts? I can't say that's a very common complaint I've seen. And usually I see people complaining about massive transfer fees in the context of complaining about how some clubs can afford them while most can't, ie people are complaining about exactly the same kind of anti-competitive situation Bayern have engineered, just through a different mechanism.

I guess it's more directed at players who run their contract down to a year and the team decides they have to cash in.  Clubs almost never say Ok, we will let you go on a free because you fulfilled your contract with us and we are thankful for your service.  At best they will take a lesser amount and let the fans hate the player for a lack of loyalty in not signing a contract (whilst also hate them for signing a contract that has favourable terms for the player as well). Mbappe at PSG seems like an outlier in that they think it's worth letting him go for nothing if it means a season of him with Neymar and Messi together.  I have to say Haaland doesn't come across as a particularly nice person but his Dad got his career ended deliberately by a scumbag so I can understand him wanting the absolute best terms he can get.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

I guess it's more directed at players who run their contract down to a year and the team decides they have to cash in.  Clubs almost never say Ok, we will let you go on a free because you fulfilled your contract with us and we are thankful for your service.  At best they will take a lesser amount and let the fans hate the player for a lack of loyalty in not signing a contract (whilst also hate them for signing a contract that has favourable terms for the player as well). Mbappe at PSG seems like an outlier in that they think it's worth letting him go for nothing if it means a season of him with Neymar and Messi together.  I have to say Haaland doesn't come across as a particularly nice person but his Dad got his career ended deliberately by a scumbag so I can understand him wanting the absolute best terms he can get.

There's also no certainty that the club will be able to sell them when there's only 12 months left to run on the contract. The player knows that if they wait 6 months they can then sign a pre-contract somewhere overseas and pocket the transfer fee for themselves. 

18 hours ago, pas5898 said:

Haaland is a spectacular player but he and his agent have all the signs of being an absolute nightmare to work with. 

Sign him on 500k per week (some reports were 900k), pay the agent 40 millions, Absolutely guarantee after year 2 his agent will be touting him to PSG, City for 1 million per week and a 50 million agents fee. 

Bayern will correctly steer well clear and he will end up at Madrid, City or PSG.

When he goes that will weaken Dortmund sufficiently for Bayern to walk the league for another 2 seasons. 

TBH, they'd probably still win the league if Haaland stayed at Dortmund.

• 3 weeks later...

:mellow: Footballers...

Erling Braut Haaland trains in the suit for Boca Juniors in Marbella. The Argentine team has Qatar Airways as the main sponsor.

IN SPAIN: Erling Braut Haaland trains in Marbella with the suit for Boca Juniors.  The team has Qatar Airways as the main sponsor.  Photo: Erling Braut Haaland / InstagramCLEAR MESSAGE: Erling Braut Haaland and the national football team have distinguished themselves in their work for human rights.  Photo: NTB

Haaland's choice of costume has become a hit on social media in Argentina. At the same time, the kit is possibly not entirely unproblematic, seen in light of the national football team's markings since Solbakken came in.

The main sponsor of Boca Juniors is Qatar Airways, an airline in which the state of Qatar is on the ownership side.

Norway has become known for having an action before every international match. The message is "Human rights on and off the pitch".

The intention is for human rights to have an even stronger position in Qatar and other countries. More than 6,500 guest workers have lost their lives since Qatar was awarded the World Cup.

At a press conference this afternoon, Dagbladet Solbakken asked if it is unproblematic for Haaland to wear a football suit that profiles Qatar Airways, at the same time as Norway has markings going for human rights.

- This has nothing to do with our action. Erling does not represent us when he is there (in Marbella).

But:

- If I had a choice, he would have worn another shirt. Then he would have worn the Norwegian national team jersey, for example, says Solbakken.

https://www.dagbladet.no/sport/ville-valgt-annen-troye/74361193

5 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Look at the number of followers 'dude perfect' have on youtube. People seem to buy into it, which I find bizarre. 

I always thought dude perfect were slightly different, they don't use cgi but they heavily heavily edit it, they dont show you the 3267 misses before they get the shot that they want, if all you have is time then I'm sure you can do stuff like them

That said I haven't watched them for a few years now 

18 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Look at the number of followers 'dude perfect' have on youtube. People seem to buy into it, which I find bizarre. 

That's different. That's hundreds and hundreds of takes edited down to the ones that go in.

Same with "How Ridiculous" (although they show the hundreds and hundreds of takes)

The Haaland thing is obviously CGI (look at the straps holding the target up. The right one breaks on the first shot and then is magically reattached after the second shot). I doubt he'd even be able to balance the balls on top of each other, let alone hit top bins 3 times in a row from that position

• 5 months later...

Kinda interesting since he's expected to make a big money move and sign a new behemoth contract somewhere in the summer.

Wonder how serious it is. Would be a huge shame if he had his career interrupted by injuries.

On 15/04/2022 at 10:21, sne said:

Kinda interesting since he's expected to make a big money move and sign a new behemoth contract somewhere in the summer.

Wonder how serious it is. Would be a huge shame if he had his career interrupted by injuries.

It looks serious but I hope he recovers: ankle ligaments can be a bastard.

For some reason I can't see him as a Man City player, as I always see him as the ultimate counter-attacking striker.

1 hour ago, MakemineVanilla said:

It looks serious but I hope he recovers: ankle ligaments can be a bastard.

For some reason I can't see him as a Man City player, as I always see him as the ultimate counter-attacking striker.

Pep will change his game, like he has Grealish. 🥱

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Â