Erling Braut Håland

mikeyp102

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

How exactly would it be automatic? In common with most countries in Europe - and in contrast to most countries in the Americas - we don't have birthright citizenship in this country.

Yep, if his parents or one parent is British then he does, if they're not then he doesn't and as far as I know his parents are both norwegian

He'd have to apply for it 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

nailed on to score 5+ if he isnt substitued on the 55th minute by pep....they have alvarez who got 2 today aswell, saturday is going to be very scary.....

Ya, they low key signed the best young player in South America. Haaland grabbed all the attention.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

It's going to be hard for me to explain it to you then.

I really don't understand the debate. He has played a lot of matches for Norway, both in U-teams and the senior team. I also think he is quite excited with the prospect of playing Euro qualifiers with Martin Ødegaard. 

18 minutes ago, DeepDish said:

I really don't understand the debate. He has played a lot of matches for Norway, both in U-teams and the senior team. I also think he is quite excited with the prospect of playing Euro qualifiers with Martin Ødegaard. 

Yeah, I don't see a world where he would even consider playing for us instead. I was just making an (incorrect) statement on citizenship.

13 hours ago, Panto_Villan said:

He's not though, is he? He was born in England to two Norweigan parents and moved back to Norway at age 3, and he's declared internationally for Norway. 

He'd be entitled to British citizenship if he wanted it but as far as I'm aware he's not claimed it? Seems a lot like he's Norweigan to me.

Oh I know it’s a bit of a push to say he’s English. English born, then 😉

1 hour ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

A player we realistically could have signed for a reasonable fee a year earlier but went for Danny Ings instead for double the price and presumably much larger wages.

I was under the impression we very much tried to sign him but he wasn't interested.

Just now, villa4europe said:

On the bench watching kane cover one of the 4 right backs? 

You could play them both!

Can see Kane playing as a number 10 honestly or false 9

2 hours ago, His Name Is Death said:

Didn't he score nine when Norway played Honduras? Those are about our respective levels right now, so why not?

That was at u21 level I believe 

Â