Pepe Reina

Jareth

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Kalinic and Nyland are probably on 60k a week between them so sell both and that creates space to pay half of his wages which we're probably doing anyway.

Kalinic & Nyland on a combined 60k? (- whatever % Toulouse picked up), Steer on 25k?, Heaton on 40k? Sarkic on whatever we paid of his salary while he was on loan and then 50%? of Reina's Milan salary.

That is a lot of money for a lot of GK's. I imagine the club will want to avoid a similar scenario next season considering only 1 of them played on any given week.

• Like 1

What a fantastic thing to say really, that speaks from the heart does it not:

'If we do it, I will consider this one of the greatest successes in my career': Pepe Reina says helping Aston Villa secure Premier League survival will be up there with winning a World Cup!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brumstopdogs said:

What a dude. 

I once had a massive drunken row with a mate who claimed La Bamba translated as The Goat.  I told him to stop being such an idiot and what a stupid song that would be.  Ended in a massive drunken row with loads of people telling me I was wrong. 

This was the early days of the Internet and I recall finding some evidence the next day when I fired up the dial up Internet so I had to apologise and eat humble pie.

However now I put La Bamba into Google translate it doesn't in any language come up with The Goat and I can't get any language to translate The Goat into La Bamba.

I'm now pissed off all over again. He emigrated to America about 20 years ago and I've no idea how to make contact again. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

What a dude. 

I once had a massive drunken row with a mate who claimed La Bamba translated as The Goat.  I told him to stop being such an idiot and what a stupid song that would be.  Ended in a massive drunken row with loads of people telling me I was wrong. 

This was the early days of the Internet and I recall finding some evidence the next day when I fired up the dial up Internet so I had to apologise and eat humble pie.

However now I put La Bamba into Google translate it doesn't in any language come up with The Goat and I can't get any language to translate The Goat into La Bamba.

I'm now pissed off all over again. He emigrated to America about 20 years ago and I've no idea how to make contact again. 

Girls Generation Cool Story Bro GIF

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Jebus he looked heavy when that ball sailed over him.

Played his part at keeping us up thou so thanks.

Yeah a younger Reina doesn't get beat there, he made that move putting his weight forward after the deflection where a younger Reina I think woudl have reacted quicker. He still got half a hand to it regardless but it showed his age. I think his contribution after Heaton got injured has been key, couple of lapses but he hadn't played for **** ages.

• Like 4

Doubt he’s coming back.  Saw him say that he’ll be supporting Villa next year.

I grew very fond of him and in hindsight it was madness to tart with Nyland post lockdown.  You are also forgiven for Leicester Pepe, all the best!

• Like 2

He was a dependable back-up though I can see why Nylasnd was preferred the first few games after lockdown. Reina he got his head screwed on but he didnt make many saves but his experience definitely helped our defence get stronger last few games

• Like 1

It was a mixed bag from him, dropped on form and looked old at times. Also made some good saves and kept the defence well organised.

Like Villa this season, we got away with him by the skin of our teeth.

• Like 1

Â