Pepe Reina

Jareth

Something must have been lost in translation or sensationalised as 25 mins without oxygen usually ends with extensive and permanent brain damage...

Either way very glad he is on the mend but I hope I never see him in a Villa shirt again... Thanks but past it now, He has proven to be a liability and he isn’t even ours...

6 hours ago, thabucks said:

Something must have been lost in translation or sensationalised as 25 mins without oxygen usually ends with extensive and permanent brain damage...

It seems sensible to read ‘25 minutes without oxygen” as time without oxygen enrichment, for example via a pressurised gas container; not that Reina didn’t have access to the 21% oxygen in air! The former would have caused many Covid-19 sufferers great discomfort and a terrifying feeling of not being able to breathe, the latter - certain death.

Get well soon Pepe. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/02/2020 at 18:26, MaVilla said:

To be fair that penalty was criminal, only guilbert got anywhere close, the other 9 players should give 50% of this weeks salary to charity for how disgusting it was that they didn't follow up......

Lethargy 'R' us

• 1 month later...

Disgusted to see Reina supporting far-right anti-lockdown protests in Madrid. Sends entirely the wrong message. Vox, the party behind the protests, are profiled here.

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 2

In fairness to Reina, the lockdown in Spain has been very intense. I have friends in Spain, who definitely aren't right-wing, who say Spanish lockdown laws have been too extreme - locking children indoors all day long for weeks on end hasn't gone down well.

So cut him some slack, please, unless you genuinely understand the situation yourselves. Let him Tweet what he wants to Tweet.

Having said that, I think he's a pretty shit goalkeeper these days, and I can't wait for Heaton to return.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, KentVillan said:

In fairness to Reina, the lockdown in Spain has been very intense. I have friends in Spain, who definitely aren't right-wing, who say Spanish lockdown laws have been too extreme - locking children indoors all day long for weeks on end hasn't gone down well.

So cut him some slack, please, unless you genuinely understand the situation yourselves. Let him Tweet what he wants to Tweet.

Having said that, I think he's a pretty shit goalkeeper these days, and I can't wait for Heaton to return.

Mate, Vox are odious. Reina is a fool for buying into their nonsense. I live in Madrid and the lockdown has been saving lives—to go from where we were to where we are now is night and day. We can all symapthise with difficulties, but there's very definite context.

**** Vox and their lame brand of sorry nationalism.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 3

I’d rather start Nyland for the last ten games if Heaton’s not ready. Apart from his support of VOX, Reina is also way past his best and I’d question his commitment to Villa for those last few games. He’s got nothing to prove here and no real tangible benefit to keeping us up. His contract will expire and he should be heading back to his parent club imo. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I’d rather start Nyland for the last ten games if Heaton’s not ready. Apart from his support of VOX, Reina is also way past his best and I’d question his commitment to Villa for those last few games. He’s got nothing to prove here and no real tangible benefit to keeping us up. His contract will expire and he should be heading back to his parent club imo. 

Yes watching Reina trying to do the sweeper keeper thing when his legs have gone is a bit embarrassing.  I reckon we would get more out of giving Nyland an extended chance, though if the defence doesn't sort itself out then it probably doesnt matter who is in goal.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

As his contract ends on 30/6 anyway and he's been out with Covid-19 during the lock down I agree he should not be part of the team should the season restart.

And starting the season with him as #1 and then having to change mid season when his contract is up would be extra stupid.

We might be in for a GK crisis thou since Sarkic and Reina are leaving and Heaton, Steer and Kalinic (out on loan til' 30/6) are recovering from injuries. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Exactly this. Reina is entitled to his opinion, and ppls opinions should neither exclude them from a team or earn them special favours into a team. Judge them on their ability. In which case he shouldn’t be seen in a Villa shirt unless absolutely necessary!

8 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Yes watching Reina trying to do the sweeper keeper thing when his legs have gone is a bit embarrassing.  I reckon we would get more out of giving Nyland an extended chance, though if the defence doesn't sort itself out then it probably doesnt matter who is in goal.

Agreed, his monumental **** up in our last game proves that. Reina will be gone soon but Nyland will still be a Villa player, he’s shown much better form since working with Neil Cutler. Let’s get him to his potential and if he’s decent we can keep him, or at lest get some money from him if he leaves. 

Just now, nick76 said:

I wonder if Reina was given any guarantees to play regular before he agreed to come here, that may influence who starts.

That part of the season ended on May 17th thou. Will be a new ballgame with new rules if it restarts.

Honestly thou I think he'd rather bugger home to Milan, Spain or Liverpool to be with his family than play the remaining games. Can't say I blame him after being that sick.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

That part of the season ended on May 17th thou. Will be a new ballgame with new rules if it restarts.

Honestly thou I think he'd rather bugger home to Milan, Spain or Liverpool to be with his family than play the remaining games. Can't say I blame him after being that sick.

I saw him training at BM with the pics the Villa official site sent out.  That's why I'm wondering if he does have some guarantees of playing.

Reina.jpg

Â