Pepe Reina

Jareth

10 hours ago, Jareth said:

Reina was a mixed bag - some massive arrogance that hurt us, some world class saves too. He won't be back, but given we've stayed up, Pepe I thank you. 

Our boys needed someone with that attitude. Thanks so many Pepe!

I like the part of the video on Instagram because he brought Nyland, Steer and Cutler specifically into the video and I think that showed a really good respect and rapport between the keepers and the coach

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Zatman said:

I like the part of the video on Instagram because he brought Nyland, Steer and Cutler specifically into the video and I think that showed a really good respect and rapport between the keepers and the coach

The union 😂

I'd definitely have him for another season, as backup to Heaton.

I'd look to move one of Nyland and Steer on and have the other as a 3rd choice

I assume Kalinic's time here is over

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Thanks Pepe but I wouldn't touch him with a bargpole. Looks heavy. Very heavy. He moves like the old tank controls on PS1 resident evil.

What an excellent reference

Wasn't keen on the transfer initially but apart from the Leicester disaster and I think Southampton away he's been a pretty solid pair of hands. I'm sure his experience was absolutely vital right towards the end of the season. 

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd definitely have him for another season, as backup to Heaton.

I'd look to move one of Nyland and Steer on and have the other as a 3rd choice

I assume Kalinic's time here is over

I’d expect him to be on huge wages in Milan - a lot of money to pay for a back up keeper .

5 hours ago, Farlz said:

Wasn't keen on the transfer initially but apart from the Leicester disaster and I think Southampton away he's been a pretty solid pair of hands. I'm sure his experience was absolutely vital right towards the end of the season. 

I don't blame him for the Southampton goal, we were 1-0 down, à corner in the final seconds of the game, he tried to give us every chance to score from it. 

Leicester was poor though. 

And his distribution has been very shoddy at times. 

Depending on his wages I might be very happy to have him as a back up keeper, his experience and charisma and leadership could prove very valuable on and off the pitch. 

I don't think we would've stayed up with Nyland, it's as if I could feel the defense be much more nervous with him behind them. 

im grateful he agreed to join and help us, but at the same time i dont think he was particularly good, he was just better than the walking disaster that is Nyland, so im grateful to him for saving us from more Nyland debacles if nothing else tbh.

he may have helped in the dressing room etc though?, team morale, older head/experience etc?, so maybe he was worth it in that sense?

His £100k/w contract at AC Milan runs for another season. Even if Milan want rid how much is he willing to lower his wages or how much are Milan willing to pay of his salary?

Lot of money for a back up keeper.

6 hours ago, Farlz said:

Wasn't keen on the transfer initially but apart from the Leicester disaster and I think Southampton away 

And Brighton Away and West Ham away 

great character and that may have lifted the team  just enough , but as a keeper he looks done 

9 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

maybe, but thats more luck than judgement......

Oh yeah i dont want him in net, just think q bit funny his **** ups didn't end in goals. Wolves was a lot worse than Sheffield United, he was barged by Davis vs Sheffield in his defence 

• Like 1

Â