Pepe Reina

Jareth

Just now, Zatman said:

Didn't he sign for Villa because he has a place in Liverpool and was going move back

Wow that's depressing with his money if he has places in Italy, Spain and Liverpool and Liverpool is his choice to move to especially as he is Spanish.  I moved back from Sydney but that was because of family still living in the UK, not because of the city of Birmingham.

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Didn't he sign for Villa because he has a place in Liverpool and was going move back

Rings a bell, pretty sure I also read that Milan do not want him back for next season.

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Rings a bell, pretty sure I also read that Milan do not want him back for next season.

I think this was also an audition for him because Adrian is leaving Liverpool in the summer

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I think this was also an audition for him because Adrian is leaving Liverpool in the summer

Yeah I imagine they don't feel safe with Karius and that Karius do not want to be at Plop.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Dale said:

Looked pretty solid against pool, felt less jittery than with Nyland 

Yep, much more assured.

For all the talk about our poor signings this season, one signing we knocked out of the park was Heaton. We've unfortunately found out first hand what it's like to not have a keeper you're 100% confident in.

• Like 2

Did anyone else think Reina had lost a bit of weight? He looked fat and unfit when he first arrived here. Seems to have been put on a diet / training programme, and looked pretty assured vs Liverpool. Likely to be our first choice for the remaining games I think.

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

Did anyone else think Reina had lost a bit of weight? He looked fat and unfit when he first arrived here. Seems to have been put on a diet / training programme, and looked pretty assured vs Liverpool. Likely to be our first choice for the remaining games I think.

He also had Covid-19 pretty bad, probably lost a fair bit of weight during that time.

I never get why Heaton's spoken about on here as if he's perfect. On the whole yes he was decent but he made errors, he cost us against Bournemouth at home and there were a few goals conceded which you'd have expected him to stop.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

I never get why Heaton's spoken about on here as if he's perfect. On the whole yes he was decent but he made errors, he cost us against Bournemouth at home and there were a few goals conceded which you'd have expected him to stop.

He talks aswell though. Sometimes when a keeper is talking and telling players where to be postionally you can stop goals happening without having to even make a save. Aswell as his mind farts Nyland seems a pretty quiet keeper to me.

We were o.k defensively up to start of December. Then started falling apart v Leicester when Mings got injured and we've never recovered from that at the back. I would've backed us to keep another clean sheet or two if Heaton had stayed fit though.

On 25/05/2020 at 13:04, nick76 said:

Wow that's depressing with his money if he has places in Italy, Spain and Liverpool and Liverpool is his choice to move to especially as he is Spanish.  I moved back from Sydney but that was because of family still living in the UK, not because of the city of Birmingham.

The classic humble brag

20 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

The classic humble brag

True I guess, I loved Sydney and so glad I had the chance in my life to live there.  Probably was a brag but subconscious, but if it wasnt for my family I would be living in Sydney as Birmingham has very little to offer otherwise.  I think it was less of a brag and more of missing Sydney.  I can always go back because I have dual citizenship but I dont get why a foreigner from a beautiful place like Reina with all his money would chose Birmingham or Liverpool when they dont come from here.

Â