Pepe Reina

Jareth

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I've been to parts of London, Manchester and Liverpool as bad as anywhere in Brum.  Don't know why you've got beef but to say it's more of a shit hole than and other big UK city is plain wrong.

I didn’t say that, I said Birmingham is a shithole.  Didn’t mention other UK cities.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Check out Harborne, Edgbaston (most of it), Bohemian Moseley, up and coming Kings Heath and now Stirchley but with bit of Stirchley edge. The green swathes of Hall Green and Acocks Green as typical of middle class British Suburbia as you can get. Parts of Kings Norton are beautiful. Sutton Coldfield.  Digbeth, amazing place

I have.....they are not! There are spots but I guess my expectations are different to you for whatever reason.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

The biggest shock I've had in a while was in a place I went before Chelsea away. A local took us to a Turkish restaurant. It was great but despite being in easy walking distance of the Ground therefore Chelsea, the whole area looked very run down and the pub we went to was awful. It felt very much like walking through Sparkhill or somewhere.  I was expecting anywhere near there to be palatial. I mean how much must a flat cost round there? 

Oh I agree, I hate London.  I have so many friends down there, have worked a lot down there and especially my Aussie friends who love it down there, I just don’t get it given I know where they grew up back in Aus and where they lived before they came over here.

Maybe I just miss Aus and I’m being too harsh on Brum.  Family comes first but I’ll probably go back in 5 to 10 years time.

On 21/07/2020 at 13:48, VillaChris said:

Forgot to say likes of Merson and Kevin Phillips actually became midlands based after joining us.

Brum city centre is slowly improving. Will be nice when it's finally all finished in 20 years...

Staunton still lives in Shenstone I think and Townsend remained in the Midlands for a while after he left.  Don't think he's here now though. 

• Like 1

I grew up in Erdington and moved to Sutton in my teens. First Walmley and now my current location, for the last 12 years. Its definitely gone down the pan in my opinion. I think the city centre is a far more moodier place than it was in the late 90's /early 2000's. I've worked in the city centre for 23 years now so do feel qualified to offer an opinion. 

I don't think its something that is unique to Brum though, I get similar feedback from other cities. I guess rose tinted spectacles on for a lot of people. 

I can't wait to move somewhere more rural. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I grew up in Erdington and moved to Sutton in my teens. First Walmley and now my current location, for the last 12 years. Its definitely gone down the pan in my opinion. I think the city centre is a far more moodier place than it was in the late 90's /early 2000's. I've worked in the city centre for 23 years now so do feel qualified to offer an opinion. 

I don't think its something that is unique to Brum though, I get similar feedback from other cities. I guess rose tinted spectacles on for a lot of people. 

I can't wait to move somewhere more rural. 

Yeah Walmley/Sutton has far more crime now than when I was growing up, regular car jackings and youths causing issues in Sutton town centre and park. Way society is going sadly.

Anyway back to Reina....I wonder who our number one will be in September? Nyland I'd hope someone will still be jizzing over his Leicester games and sell, Kalinic is as good as gone and Heaton probably won't be fit. Steer seems permanently crocked aswell so I wouldn't be against giving Reina a 12 month deal if we stay up.

• Like 2

Think we will want one of the youngsters as the third keeper, presuming that Matija Šarkić leaves will probably be Sinisalo, although curios that we extended Šarkić's deal by a month even though he wasn't on loan anywhere. Not sure if Reina will want to stick around as second choice.

God no , I mean the confidence he gives by not being Nyland is one thing but he ls been poor with a lot of shot stopping and decision making on crosses is suspect  , it was only a post that stopped him giving away another howler v Arsenal

i mean if we stay up then Thanks for you help much appreciated and good luck in your next venture 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

God no , I mean the confidence he gives by not being Nyland is one thing but he ls been poor with a lot of shot stopping and decision making on crosses is suspect  , it was only a post that stopped him giving away another howler v Arsenal

i mean if we stay up then Thanks for you help much appreciated and good luck in your next venture 

Agreed if he was being signed as a first team player but I struggle to think of a better standard of back-up keeper, especially with the experience he brings behind the scenes.

On 24/07/2020 at 09:01, cheltenham_villa said:

I cant see why he would stay as a backup, he surely has limited season left playing, doesn't make sense to spend them on the bench.

He spent pretty much the whole season as back up at Bayern munich in 2014-15 season. Then went to Napoli and was first choice before leaving them and playing 5 times for AC Milan in 18 months.

He's here and playing and he'd be first choice in September if he stays given Heaton is very unlikely to be fit by then.

29 minutes ago, sne said:

How much of his £100k/w would Milan be willing to cover for another season? Hopefully a whole lot.

Doubt he'll be a option for us tbh.

Kalinic and Nyland are probably on 60k a week between them so sell both and that creates space to pay half of his wages which we're probably doing anyway.

19 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Kalinic and Nyland are probably on 60k a week between them so sell both and that creates space to pay half of his wages which we're probably doing anyway.

Christ! Kalinic is still here. I had forgotten that.

On 22/07/2020 at 19:57, VillaChris said:

Yeah Walmley/Sutton has far more crime now than when I was growing up, regular car jackings and youths causing issues in Sutton town centre and park. Way society is going sadly.

Anyway back to Reina....I wonder who our number one will be in September? Nyland I'd hope someone will still be jizzing over his Leicester games and sell, Kalinic is as good as gone and Heaton probably won't be fit. Steer seems permanently crocked aswell so I wouldn't be against giving Reina a 12 month deal if we stay up.

Heaton should be available in September 

Â