• Trézéguet
    • Grealish
    • Hourihane (Trézéguet 67)
    • Vassilev (El Ghazi 74)
    • Lansbury (Nakamba 86)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/20 at 23:59

I wonder what the stats are for the amount of unforced errors that have led to goals against us this season, I bet it's pretty grim reading.

Mings looks well suited to the center of a 3, apart from the total brainfuck for the goal Konsa looks pretty tidy and Hause apart from a coupel of moments looks assured too. Guilbert looks every inch the wing back, agree Taylor not good enough, maybe Targett can step up so we're not so one sided playing 2 wing backs. 

When we had our tails up after the goal we played some very very nice football. Really encouraging to see us do that and look like we were enjoying ourselves. Great result, we have to stop the stupid shit though, it's killing us. That said way more positives than negatives, this 3-4-3 can stiffen us up at the back and be counter attacking or be possession based attacking, we look really good with it. I actually quite like not having a big target man in this shape too, a clever quick goal scorer with enough technique to get involved in the interplay of the midfield/front 3 would be a very tidy buy in the Jan sales....

Who knows at VP, we have shown we can compete. Game on.

• Like 4

Great result. Nyland very confident and the back line is solid. The two defensive MF are the big worry. Nakamba is lost and every game Luiz makes a blunder or two, which at this level gets punished.  Obviously need some attacking options as well.

Good result but my God when are Villa going to learn about retention of possession?? Cost Villa dearly and will continue to do so if the players won't learn.

Impressed by Nyland and Mings was his usual colossal self.

Well done to the manager who tactically got it spot on.

Management got the approach to this completely right. One mistake cost us the win but I’d have taken the draw this morning.

Defensively very good. Big shout to Nyland who was incredible and showed great mental strength. Why do we need another keeper? I really like the three at the back. Suits Freddie to play ahead of them. Tayls isn’t good. 

Nakamba and Luiz were poor. Nakamba lacked confidence all night. 

Leicester shut Grealish down in many ways but Jack played a professional game today, winning those fouls to get the pressure off. El Ghazi was incredible first half, I love him with that swagger. Trez, willing but lacking execution as ever. Vasilev is an interesting option from whom I’d like to see more.

We looked like a team without a striker second half. Get in a winger, a decent striker and play Drinkwater for Marvellous and we’ll be okay this season.

Edited by KevinRichardsonsMoustache
  • Like 2

Voted Mings MOTM, Nyland was equally brilliant. Konsa, Guilbert good also.

No recognised striker and we dealt with a lot of pressure well- looked hard to break down which we’ll need in the league.

Leicester have become an elite side and were at full strength at home tonight with an expectant crowd, they went all out for this tonight so 1-1 is a very good result considering. If Konsa scored that header it could have been a different game, but they deserved something tonight through their domination.

Just very disappointed in our ball retention second half. So sloppy it was embarrassing at times. Lets see if a full VP can see us to another final.

6 minutes ago, John said:

In with a shout for the second leg after this. Mings and Nyland stood firm throughout. That will do nicely. Marc could well be at Wembley supporting us at the final.🤞

Deep down, he'd probably prefer that. Once a Villian. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Fought well but got away with it today.

Leicester.jpg

No we didn’t. We had a game plan against a much better team. Stuck to it and probably should have won. 

Clearly the fact you are looking at stats to judge the game proves you don’t actually watch the games. 

I shouldn’t keep falling for it but serously give it a rest! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Would love to see Nakamba’s pass success rate, be shocked if it’s anything over 20%.

Neil Taylor continues to steal a living.

Nyland looked more than capable of being number 1 until the end of the season, at least.

Grealish just head and shoulders above all others, if we could just get two more players on the pitch on his wavelength we’d be unreal.

20% is generous, I think it's much worse than that

Grealish had a tough night as not much going up front, but he worked hard and broke the play up well 

Â