• Trézéguet
    • Grealish
    • Hourihane (Trézéguet 67)
    • Vassilev (El Ghazi 74)
    • Lansbury (Nakamba 86)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/20 at 23:59

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

Didn’t we beat Arsenal on a way goals the year we won it ? Yes we did, sure we did. ( pointless refusal to use google lol).

Yeah we did. But not because away goals count double. Just because we had the most away goals.

I don't think the rule has ever been "away goals count double". Merely whoever has the most away goals wins

(Told you I was being pedantic)

• Haha 2

2nd leg will be interesting, I think we have to do the same again. I Don’t think we can allow ourselves to get carried away and think that the home tie advantages us, and that the onus is on us to attack to win the game. Hopefully we’ve signed a player or two by then that is eligible to play, certainly a CF would be a big boost. Fingers crossed. A finisher and a bit of pace could change the complexion of the tie. 

Couple of other points:

Support was IMMENSE and put them in their place.

We looked a threat going forward everytime we got into their third of the pitch.

Also pretty solid at the back from the opening minute, I had confidence we'd keep a clean sheet up until Konsa decided otherwise!

I thought Orjan Nyland was very good & based on that performance I don't see the need for you to bring in another keeper.

Edited by gurru991

20 hours ago, wedge said:

After we scored you could tell confidence was coursing through the players and we started to knock it around like 1970s Brazil/2010s Barca for a very short time, cue 'ole's' from the away end. 

Apart from our goal, that was my favourite part of the game.

• Like 2

Â