• Trézéguet
    • Grealish
    • Hourihane (Trézéguet 67)
    • Vassilev (El Ghazi 74)
    • Lansbury (Nakamba 86)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/20 at 23:59

Well done... still sore about the goal conceded but very good performance. Guilbert my MOTM for how he shut down Chilwell... Mings and Nyland outstanding (both very close to MOTM).

Very important to get through without a major thrashing or injury (hopefully nothing major with elghazi)

would like to re-watch the goal as I feel it is more of lapse of judgement from Konsa. 

Put Vassilev with an actual striker and he might have some potential. 

Also ElGhazi should've been the first sub, not Trez imo.

Marvelous was atrocious 

Nyland 9 thrown under the bus by luiz for the goal

Fred 9 first half did some great work undone by sloppy passing second half kept the best attacking left back at bay and ran up and down the line all game. Gave him mom for his goal, aggression passion skill and the goal

Konsa 8 he wasnt to blame for the goal, luiz ran to accept a pass, kept Evans quiet from the 20 odd corners 

Mings 9 not great at heading the ball when challenged but manages to be in the right place at the right time.

Hause 8 1st half terrible passing, second was far better and solid at the back

Taylor 5 defensively not too bad but f me he knows how to break up any forward momentum putting us in trouble time after time

Luiz 4 plays ok in 1 game the resort's back to shoulder turning slow poor decision making and drifting further and further up field the longer the game goes on creating huge holes in the middle. Very poor and 99% to blame for their goal, probably the 5th or 6th piss poor mistake directly costing us a goal this season, tha would be poor for a defender, for a midfielder that's shocking.

Makamba 4 tried to do a luiz straight after luiz did a luiz, only in 1 passage of play did he show anything like what is expected. 1 dimensional  and that 1 dimensions isnt good enough 

Trez 2 weak passive lazy no bottle no running touch of a rspist, I could go on, he was a waste of a shirt tonight.

El ghazi 7 put himself about won nothing when he should have span defenders with ball in the air to just annoy defenders and try and put them off but had some good moments, set up the goal with great cross

Jack 9 looked exhausted with 20 to go, having to run to cover lazy trez tried a bit too much at the end but a great effort

Lansbury 5 didn't do anything good or bad

USA guy 4 didn't do anything

CH 5 didn't do anything.

Great result considering,  however could have and should have been 1-0 but for the idiot who never learns

• Like 2

Mings and Grealish were good, as per usual. Nyland had a great game (as he has every time he’s been called upon this season).

Konsa and Hause defended well. But Hause really needs to improve his distribution (I dread to think what his passing accuracy was tonight) and Konsa was naive for the goal.

Luiz and Nakamba were appalling. Scared in possession, passes to no one, pretty embarrassing to be honest.

El Ghazi looked more dangerous than Trezeguet. Which isn’t the highest praise ever as I think Trezeguet is an absolutely terrible player who also played terribly tonight. 

Edit: forgot the fullbacks. Neil Taylor really does limit the team as he’s worse than a non-entity when we try to attack down his flank - but defensively I guess he was okay. Having him and Hause next to each other is hard as neither one can actually pass a football. 

Guilbert did well for the goal, fair play.

Edited by Cizzler

The stats will make that look like we nicked a draw when I felt we did pretty well at limiting Leicester to low quality chances. They had a spell before they scored but that was about it really. I was expecting a hiding but it's all too play for at Villa Park.  They definitely miss Ndidi, but I think he's out for the second leg too. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stockport_Villain said:

Nyalnd looks like a world class keeper. Hope he maintains this form. Defence and Mings in particular were great. Midfield of Nakamba and Louis gave the ball away far too easily. Front 3 played very well. Very happy.

Nyland was outstanding. His positioning was a lesson in goalkeeping. A great answer for his many critics. 

• Like 2

Before the match would have snapped your hand off for a 2-1 loss!

During the game I was delighted with the chance of keeping it as a draw!

Thought I was dreaming when we were properly smash and grab ahead.

At 90 minutes I'm fuming we threw away the chance to head to VP with a lead.

After the match I'll just revert to being happy we're still in tie.

That was tough. Defensively impressive. Nyland MOTM. Everything else was poor. Except Nakamba and Luiz who were absolutely atrocious. Nakamba gave one of the worst passing performances I have ever seen and we certainly don't need to worry about Man City recalling Luiz. Shockingly bad.

We're in the tie which is a surprise. But can't see us matching that defensive performance again so we're going to have to hope for a striker before the 2nd leg.

Delighted but frustrated.

Why are we not up there with Liverpool ? Wesley out, Heaton  out,  McGinn out, no strikers. We’ve just got a draw away against Leicester playing with Taylor Nakamba and Luiz who are all dog shit apparently, so effectively three first choice players out injured and playing with eight men, I don’t get it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Voted Nyland MOTM, closely followed by Mings both deserved a clean sheet. Thought Guilbert had a great game too and did well for the goal, had the better of Chilwell which is no mean feat.

Sloppy goal to concede and this may sound silly but I am glad we are going into the tie at Villa Park on level terms as opposed to being in front?! I think we will still be underdogs (rightly so) but I think that suits us and takes the pressure off us but still gives us confidence that we can match them (a little). 

We will need a bit of luck at VP and some striking reinforcements but can't ask for much more from the lads tonight for work rate, discipline and effort.

If only Nakamba and Luiz were as comfortable on the ball as Conor and Henri or the latter two had the work rate & speed across the ground as the former two then we would have the perfect midfielders - hopefully Drinkwater makes us stronger in this area.

Gave Smith a good rating, we weren't going to go toe-to-toe with them but he set us up perfectly. Our possession was poor but for 15 minutes after our goal. 

Bring on the second leg! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Nyland 9 thrown under the bus by luiz for the goal

Fred 9 first half did some great work undone by sloppy passing second half kept the best attacking left back at bay and ran up and down the line all game. Gave him mom for his goal, aggression passion skill and the goal

Konsa 8 he wasnt to blame for the goal, luiz ran to accept a pass, kept Evans quiet from the 20 odd corners 

Mings 9 not great at heading the ball when challenged but manages to be in the right place at the right time.

Hause 8 1st half terrible passing, second was far better and solid at the back

Taylor 5 defensively not too bad but f me he knows how to break up any forward momentum putting us in trouble time after time

Luiz 4 plays ok in 1 game the resort's back to shoulder turning slow poor decision making and drifting further and further up field the longer the game goes on creating huge holes in the middle. Very poor and 99% to blame for their goal, probably the 5th or 6th piss poor mistake directly costing us a goal this season, tha would be poor for a defender, for a midfielder that's shocking.

Makamba 4 tried to do a luiz straight after luiz did a luiz, only in 1 passage of play did he show anything like what is expected. 1 dimensional  and that 1 dimensions isnt good enough 

Trez 2 weak passive lazy no bottle no running touch of a rspist, I could go on, he was a waste of a shirt tonight.

El ghazi 7 put himself about won nothing when he should have span defenders with ball in the air to just annoy defenders and try and put them off but had some good moments, set up the goal with great cross

Jack 9 looked exhausted with 20 to go, having to run to cover lazy trez tried a bit too much at the end but a great effort

Lansbury 5 didn't do anything good or bad

USA guy 4 didn't do anything

CH 5 didn't do anything.

Great result considering,  however could have and should have been 1-0 but for the idiot who never learns

Nakamba has one of them faces, if you said anything nasty to him you would feel instantly regretfiul. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Not sure why so many people are on nakambas case tonight.

2nd best tackling percentage and 3rd best pass success rate.

Granted it was only 86 percent but in a team of bad passers he is far from the worst.

86% isn’t good enough anyway - but it was the fact that he was rarely under immediate pressure but he was still needlessly giving the ball away.

The header to bypass Mings to set up Vardy was also pretty special.

He’s young and in a new league, I get it. I also admit we don’t really have a player like him that can break-up play. It’s just he’s not actually that good at breaking-up play either and he’s currently a liability in possession.

Edited by Cizzler

12 minutes ago, smg said:

Why are we not up there with Liverpool ? Wesley out, Heaton  out,  McGinn out, no strikers. We’ve just got a draw away against Leicester playing with Taylor Nakamba and Luiz who are all dog shit apparently, so effectively three first choice players out injured and playing with eight men, I don’t get it.

Cos we've conceded about 300 goals in the second half of games, if we had managed to keep just a few of them out we would be top 8 or 9. Fine margins

Edited by Talldarkandransome
Clarification
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

86% isn’t good enough anyway - but it was the fact that he was rarely under immediate pressure but he was still needlessly giving the ball away.

The header to bypass Mings to set up Vardy was also pretty special.

He’s young and in a new league, I get it. I also admit we don’t really have a player like him that can break-up play. It’s just he’s not actually that good at breaking up play either and he’s currently a liability in possession.  

In a yeam that averaged 73% passing accuracy, 86% is amazingly good.

The header with Mings is poor communication and his interceptions were the best on the pitch, so not sure where you are going with the doesnt break up play comment.

Head and shoulders better than any of our midfielders tonight.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Not sure why so many people are on nakambas case tonight.

2nd best tackling percentage and 3rd best pass success rate.

Granted it was only 86 percent but in a team of bad passers he is far from the worst.

You must have missed the game then. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Â