• Trézéguet
    • Grealish
    • Hourihane (Trézéguet 67)
    • Vassilev (El Ghazi 74)
    • Lansbury (Nakamba 86)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/20 at 23:59

5 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

In a yeam that averaged 73% passing accuracy, 86% is amazingly good.

The header with Mings is poor communication and his interceptions were the best on the pitch, so not sure where you are going with the doesnt break up play comment.

Head and shoulders better than any of our midfielders tonight.

Better than Jack? Interesting. If you’re not including Grealish - I guess you just mean he was better than Luiz? Which really isn’t saying much as Luiz was horse shit.

73% as a team is woeful. You can’t just look at statistics though. If our centre backs trusted him on the ball, they would play the easy pass to his feet - they rightly don’t - instead, they have to go long, etc. 

Do you have stats for how many times he lost the ball tonight? I remember him getting shrugged off the ball in front our box the very next phase of play after we’d conceded. He’d just watched Luiz lose the ball like that for their goal. How naive can you get?

He probably does break up play better than anyone in our squad currently but that’s a damming indictment. I’m not writing-off his Villa career or anything, I saw something positive in his first few games for us. But unless he drastically improves in possession, he’s done.

Honestly I fully expected another whipping from them.

Amazing result to get a draw.

Nyland looks like a different keeper.

Mings amazing, konsa and hause did well.

Guilbert really suits a wing back role, think target will too when he is back.

The 343 really suits our current squad.

Reckon 2-3 decent signings in Jan and we might have enough to stay up. (Two of those must be forward players...)

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

By jove we missed Wesley tonight. However the players deserve applause. Naturally I want us to control the ball better, but this Leicester team is one of the best. Defensively we were solid and limited their chances. Mings was sensational defensively Luiz and Nakamba closed so many paths and avenues, Nyland has improved massively and how good is Grealish. A few signings and we might just stay up. We look so much better when we fight for every ball.

0 - 0 and we go through to the final. 

15 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

Better than Jack? Interesting. If you’re not including Grealish - I guess you just mean he was better than Luiz? Which really isn’t saying much as Luiz was horse shit.

73% as a team is woeful. You can’t just look at statistics though. If our centre backs trusted him on the ball, they would play the easy pass to his feet - they rightly don’t - instead, they have to go long, etc. 

Do you have stats for how many times he lost the ball tonight? I remember him getting shrugged off the ball in front our box the very next phase of play after we’d conceded. He’d just watched Luiz lose the ball like that for their goal. How naive can you get?

He probably does break up play better than anyone in our squad currently but that’s a damming indictment. I’m not writing-off his Villa career or anything, I saw something positive in his first few games for us. But unless he drastically improves in possession, he’s done.

Grealish was playing up front tonight.

Nakamba was better than luiz, hourihane and lansbury.

Also worth pointing out that nakamba has better pass accuracy, tackles, interceptions and blocks than mcginn over the season too.

Not saying hes a great, or even particularly good, player, but this season, hes been our best based on defensive measures.

As you asked, he lost posession 9 times tonight, 4 in our defensive 3rd.  Puts him 8th of 15 in the defensive 3rd.

So really seems like you might be scape goating a little tbh.

I also dont understand how you can pin leicesters goal on him.  Luiz, sure, konsa, maybe, but nakamba?  Sorry, but no.

• Like 1

Bodymoor Heath tomorrow 

Smith: Yeah no, right lads, gonna do some passing drills today cos some of you cant

Most of Squad: Yes boss

Nakamba\Douglas Luiz: What's drilling boss?

Grealish walking away: You pass it to me mate, I'll do the rest

Douglas Luiz: Who's the opposition boss?

Terry buts in: We don't need opposition for passing drills Douglarse

Nakamba: So who we going to pass it to then

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

By jove we missed Wesley tonight. However the players deserve applause. Naturally I want us to control the ball better, but this Leicester team is one of the best. Defensively we were solid and limited their chances. Mings was sensational defensively Luiz and Nakamba closed so many paths and avenues, Nyland has improved massively and how good is Grealish. A few signings and we might just stay up. We look so much better when we fight for every ball.

Penalties if 0-0

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

0-0 and we go to penalties

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Bodymoor Heath tomorrow 

Smith: Yeah no, right lads, gonna do some passing drills today cos some of you cant

Most of Squad: Yes boss

Nakamba\Douglas Luiz: What's drilling boss?

Grealish walking away: You pass it to me mate, I'll do the rest

Douglas Luiz: Who's the opposition boss?

Terry buts in: We don't need opposition for passing drills Douglarse

Nakamba: So who we going to pass it to then

Way over my head .

• Like 1

Was only able to watch the last 25 minutes. Was very impressed with our defensive resilience. Between Mings and Nyland as standout player during that period.

As so often, we conceded a goal due to poor play on midfield.

Very optimistic for the 2nd leg though.

• Like 1

Just now, Sulberto21 said:

I thought if it’s 0-0 after extra time away goals counts? Or has it been changed again.?

Not this time.

Well, the Away goal counts, but not double. 😉
Just as well in my view on this occasion...

Edited by terrytini

Feel like I’m watching a different Trez to some others at times, thought he did ok today and pretty well in general over the season.

If Drinkwater isn’t better than Luiz or Nakamba I’ll be very shocked, between them there’s a good player but they both have very bad weaknesses and definitely shouldn’t be in the same midfield at any time. Luiz alongside Hourihane has an amazing ability to just totally disappear in games.

Thought Smith got it spot on today with what we had, as already been said the stats might make it look like we nicked a draw today but in reality it was Leicester who nicked one. These backs to the wall performances won’t work every week but in a one off cup game against a very good team it’s perfectly acceptable.

Â