• Trézéguet
    • Grealish
    • Hourihane (Trézéguet 67)
    • Vassilev (El Ghazi 74)
    • Lansbury (Nakamba 86)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/20 at 23:59

Would love to see Nakamba’s pass success rate, be shocked if it’s anything over 20%.

Neil Taylor continues to steal a living.

Nyland looked more than capable of being number 1 until the end of the season, at least.

Grealish just head and shoulders above all others, if we could just get two more players on the pitch on his wavelength we’d be unreal.

• Like 1

Feel bad for Grealish with southgate watching he didn’t get a sniff that second half because of our inability to keep the ball for longer than 3 seconds. We need players Back from injury and a couple more strong signings, if we keep this formation then we should never see a cm partnership of nakamba and Luiz again. Other than that a good result to take back to villa park 

• Like 2

Really good performance and unlucky to draw. We’re only 2 or 3 players away from a decent team. 

Not sure what to make on Luiz and Nakamba - they struggle on the ball but they’re not that far away from being pretty effective

Gave Nyland MOTM but in truth Grealish is the difference every time we play

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Good result. Another concerning half of backs to the wall defending, but we didn't crumble, and we are still unbeaten using the 3-4-3 formation.

Imagine how good we'll be when we bring in Gestede, Rodriguez and Joe Hart.

Why do you feel the need for that last comment now ? Sad.

1 minute ago, jim said:

I’ll take a draw.

Sloppy goal and I blame Konsa more than Luiz. However, we had been battered for much of the game and the players were physically and mentally ****. 

Would agree but Luiz and Nakamba were both switched off for the entire match, understand how you could blame Konsa but based on Luiz brain lapses all game it was just another mistake from him IMO. 

• Like 2

Happy. Shame about the sloppy conceded goal because we really felt in control defensively. The 3-4-3 is working. 

Very pleased with Nyland's game. Faultless, very assured and his distribution is a step up from what we've had. Hopefully he can continue on in that vein. 

Mings was brilliant 

Nyland was brilliant

Grealish grafted on the dirty stuff 

Nakamba was mostly terrible 

Douglas Luiz was fully terrible 

Nakamba was mostly terrible

They were the stand out performances for me

Would have took a point beforehand but little disappointed we didn't hold on cos of a stupid avoidable error

Game on

• Like 2

MOTM: Nyland, Mings close but we'd have lost without either of them. The improvement for Nyland this season edges it for me

Deano: Good. If we could get back to passing as we were Vs Everton, Liverpool or Man City Inthis formation, we'll win a lot more games. He's noticed our flaws at 433 and found a better formation for the team, lesser managers would just stick to it. And the team worked bloody hard. They care. And we've been asking for that for years.

Howevwec It's frustrating because we know we can do it (the crisper, more fluid passing) It's worrying because we are so used to having managers start with a style (good or bad, but a 'style' nontheless) and regress to utter shit (Lambert, O'Neill) so we are so used to it, we'll get on Deans case before it is due. But he needs to get us back to that passing.

Ref: Fine, Not good Not bas. Felt Soyuncu deserved a Yellow at the end and a few players kicked the Ball away to no punishment (ours included) but nitpicking. Was OK.

• Like 1

Game was lost (so to speak) in the midfield. Our central midfielders were/are very poor at this level. They’re 10 foot of nothingness between them. 

My ratings below:

Nyland 10, Taylor 5, Konsa 7, Hause 7, Mings 10, Guilbert 7, Luiz 2, Nakamba 2, Grealish 8, Trezeguet 6, el Ghazi 6.

A miracle we got a draw in truth. As much as we will all bemoan the stupid mistake by Luiz for their goal, they dominated nearly every single minute of the match. If I was a Leicester fan, I’d be annoyed with that. They’re making hard work of beating a side they’re much better than.

Come on lads. A rocking Villa Park under the lights and we can do this. 

• Haha 1

Good performance considering the circumstances.

Formation worked with us making some of their players looking below usual standard. Guilbert had Chillwell in his pocket.

Nyland MOTM with Mings and Grealish also really good.

Shame about Konsa (who had a good game) and Luiz (who didn't) gifting them a goal.

CM still an issue with Nakamba and Luiz lacking awareness. Taylor as always absolutely no where near good enough.

Extra mention to our away support who were fantastic!

Fantastic game where both teams battled hard and Villa get an (unexpected) draw to take to Villa Park. Full credit to the whole team who fought hard and did well to keep Leicester to just one goal. 

Sure, we rode our luck at times. And even though the equaliser was frustrating to give away so easily, it's fair to say Leicester were good value for their goal and a draw was probably inevitable. A clean sheet away at Leicester would have been a big ask, and scoring without a striker on the pitch was also a big ask. For me, a 1-1 result was realistically the best Villa could have hoped for.

Playing 5 at the back frustrated Leicester and disrupted their game plan - credit to Smith for sticking with the formation from the Burnley game. Sitting a bit deeper and inviting the pressure may be frustrating to watch and lacking ambition, but the alternative was what happened last month. Vardy wasn't able to get in behind the back line for most of the night, which nullified their main threat.

No doubt the VT boards will be furious we haven't won this, and it's true we did come close. But I for one am very happy with a draw and making it a winner takes all in the home leg. I would be over the moon with getting past Leicester over 2 legs. We've given ourselves an excellent chance of doing that after the first leg. UTV

Â