Tom13

45 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

We did it.

Excellent work guys, I saw the bbc link and took a shot at the VT forum. We pulled through in style. 

we definitely impacted the numbers. Shifted in a couple of hours of VT carnage 

I don't want to sound like a scrooge but I don't really like it when other teams' fans (i.e. Liverpool) hijack these things.  That guy for Crawley will never pull anything like that off in such a big game for the rest of the career, whereas Barry will no doubt go on to score the winner for us in the 2025 Champions League final.  Let the man have his moment, and I'm a Horsham man so it's a big thing for me to big up a Creepy player.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I don't want to sound like a scrooge but I don't really like it when other teams' fans (i.e. Liverpool) hijack these things.  That guy for Crawley will never pull anything like that off in such a big game for the rest of the career, whereas Barry will no doubt go on to score the winner for us in the 2025 Champions League final.  Let the man have his moment, and I'm a Horsham man so it's a big thing for me to big up a Creepy player.

Sort of understand but at the same time we don’t know what the future holds. Barry could get David Buusted next game or Balabaned and that’s the end of it. 

Crawley could definitely beat Bournemouth if they put in that performance again. Bournemouth are chasing promotion. 

I didn't vote, but I'll take one of the votes from the people that voted twice by proxy...makes it slightly more legit, although I still feel dirty with him winning it this way despite having played no part....what is wrong with me.

9 hours ago, sidcow said:

Why are people measuring how good a player is by how old he is when he makes his debut? Messi is a thousand times better than Owen or Rooney but he was nearly 19 before he made his competitive first team debut. Ronaldo was nearly 18, and that was only Portuguese Primeira nowhere near the standard of the PL. 

Players develop at different rates. Able to play in the PL doesn't make him world class and it doesn't mean he's not going to be world class if he doesn't make it till he's 19. It's basically an irrelevance. 

Fair. Was just trying to answer the question and the only comparison I had was Owen/Rooney were playing at a higher level at the same age.

FWIW I have no idea how good Barry will be, not sure any of us on here do.

11 minutes ago, Hornso said:

Fair. Was just trying to answer the question and the only comparison I had was Owen/Rooney were playing at a higher level at the same age.

Sorry, not aimed at you at all, there have been lots of comments on it.  I'm not trying to single anyone out, just making the point that different people develop at different times. 

My dear old mother is a dot but at one point was the tallest girl in her school. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hornso said:

I have a Crystal ball. He's the next Gary Shaw. Only he stays fit.

14 hours ago, MrBlack said:

I didn't vote, but I'll take one of the votes from the people that voted twice by proxy...makes it slightly more legit, although I still feel dirty with him winning it this way despite having played no part....what is wrong with me.

Ys, you dirty, dirty man. You oughta have your meat curtains spanked with a medium size salmon fillet.

Â