Tom13

Can only see two scenarios where Louie gets time this season, neither of which are likely...

1, we go on a decent run, pull clear and have the pressure off us for the last couple of games. 

2, we go on a terrible run and we are relegated with a few games to spare

It is highly likely the end of our season will be a  bloodbath coming down to the last game against West Ham, which is no environment to be throwing a 16 year old into. Injuries to current first team aside, I doubt well see him im the PL this season.

Glad to see he has the belief in himself that that is his aim though. 

Edited by MrBlack

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Can only see two scenarios where Louie gets time this season, neither of which are likely...

1, we go on a decent run, pull clear and have the pressure off us for the last couple of games. 

It is highly likely the end of our season will be a  bloodbath coming down to the last game against West Ham, which is no environment to be throwing a 16 year old into. Injuries to current first team aside, I doubt well see him im the PL this season.

3, We get even more injuries to our attackers.

Vassilev has played and from what I gather he's more of a midfielder than attacker.

16 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Agreed on all fronts but if he’s rifling in a ton of goals for the U23s and/or we pick up an injury or two he might get himself a spot on the bench and then you never know.

An injury to Davis is probably likely,  but then I expect Baston will be the cover for Samatta and we'd stick with one up top. A further injury would be some serious bad luck, and I refuse to believe even we could be that unlucky. 

Who knows, if it did happen it could be one of those blessing in disguise things. 

7 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

An injury to Davis is probably likely,  but then I expect Baston will be the cover for Samatta and we'd stick with one up top. A further injury would be some serious bad luck, and I refuse to believe even we could be that unlucky. 

Who knows, if it did happen it could be one of those blessing in disguise things. 

Davis is already injured so yeah, quite likely.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

3, We get even more injuries to our attackers.

Vassilev has played and from what I gather he's more of a midfielder than attacker.

4. He turns out to be the second coming of Pele and scores 5 goals off the bench in the last 5 games to secure our survival.

...and gets a decent haircut.

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

4. He turns out to be the second coming of Pele and scores 5 goals off the bench in the last 5 games to secure our survival.

...and gets a decent haircut.

Come on mate, you don’t really think that’s possible do you? Talk about pie in the sky! Ridiculous hyperbole. 

... Decent haircut, my arse :lol:

• Haha 3

I wouldn't be adverse to seeing him in any of the matchday squads. If he's good enough get him in and around the older lads asap. His enthusiasm may just kick some of the others up the arse to not be outdone.  Having another lad who supports the club on the pitch would be a wonderful thing especially if he makes his debut with Grealish Captaining. I'd like to see that.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I wouldn't be adverse to seeing him in any of the matchday squads. If he's good enough get him in and around the older lads asap. His enthusiasm may just kick some of the others up the arse to not be outdone.  Having another lad who supports the club on the pitch would be a wonderful thing especially if he makes his debut with Grealish Captaining. I'd like to see that.

BXdJG9s.jpeg

So the kid is 16, is a villa fan, and @sir_gary_cahill is yet to proclaim him as the next George Best. 

For that reason alone I think he will be a success here 😂

Sorry SGC. I Love you really. 

Edited by av1

9 minutes ago, av1 said:

So the kid is 16, is a villa fan, and @sir_gary_cahill is yet to proclaim him as the next George Best. 

For that reason alone I think he will be a success here 😂

Sorry SGC. I Love you really. 

I take it as a compliment :) I haven’t seen him play, so I can’t comment

32 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Brilliant. 

Just curious, if he is so highly rated why isn't he starting?

Maybe rotating of the team, as it says there is another game on Monday?

Edited by NeilS

Â