Tom13

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

rooney at 16 is a rare example and therefore an unfair comparison to make with youngsters (not just barry) he was built like a man at that age, he had a stocky muscular frame, no filling out required with then the footballing skills to back it up, its rare that you find the combination of the 2

See the source image

I know. It's part of my point. Barry is not being hyped as a first team player at this age. There is no current need to live up to a made up hype.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Because the hype isn't suggesting he is the next rooney or owen. 

He's highly rated for his age group, players like owen and rooney were highly rated at 16 compared to first team players. 

He's an exciting prospect but think we need to calm down a bit. 

At 16 Rooney was scoring premier league goals. Barry is playing at u17 national level. 

I didn't say the hype was suggesting he was the next Rooney or Owen I said they were not held back because of there age which is what should happen with Barry if he is good enough, Barca don't acquire players from English Championship sides  if they don't have something about them. Lets just see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, sne said:

Can this kid play in the wide attacker/winger position?

Might as well give him some time because Trez and El Ghazi are not up for it

I've suggested similar.

At least with kids, you get fight, energy and passion at minimum.

If this kid is good enough to avoid most of the physicality of the game with skill, then you never know.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Under 18's. 

Barry is yet to play a competitive game for the U23's.

If he's not playing for the under 23's yet he's not going to make it.

May as well get rid now. 😋

• Haha 2

Â