Tom13

I wouldn't mind having him on the bench in a game or two, our worst thing was not giving youngsters the chance to play. I remember under Houllier when we drew to Man Utd and had couple of young players starting. He was forced but actually its a good thing. When you're players aren't up for it, what would be the mistake in trying something different?

Vassiliv came against Brighton and Watford, and the score been better when he came to the pitch.

I'm not saying it's because of him, but why are we sensitive in that area?

Davis came under Bruce (after being forced) and helped us getting back to track.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

Put him in the squad for Saturday, think how much this would mean to him. He can take the place of one of those that managed to walk onto the pitch on Saturday. 

but the game is Sunday ;)

Would bring him on in against city, along with Ramsey and Vasilev and a few other hopefuls.

See if any of them can shine and if they impress maybe they can take over from our first team laughables at rhe moment because they cant possibly be any worse at this point.

I would certainly drop Ghazi and bring one of these in front of him, we do not need Ghazi around if that is going to be his attitude.

I would advise caution. I love the idea of shaking up some attitudes but this is a cup final. We need to look after the psyche of these youngsters. Getting humiliated by City isn't the way to do that.

I would like to see one of them instead of an under-performing regular. Just to make a point. Why not this lad.

Edited by Mazrim
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Would bring him on in against city, along with Ramsey and Vasilev and a few other hopefuls.

See if any of them can shine and if they impress maybe they can take over from our first team laughables at rhe moment because they cant possibly be any worse at this point.

I would certainly drop Ghazi and bring one of these in front of him, we do not need Ghazi around if that is going to be his attitude.

Wow

5 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Which one? The oldest is on loan at Doncaster, the other two are 16 and 12.

3 hours ago, Farlz said:

He only played his first competitive U18s game last week and now we want him on the bench and playing. Jesus Christ. 

Everton did it with Rooney... he didn't turn out too badly. 

Ok, might be under slightly different circumstances, but, why not? He's going to be playing men's football anyway, might as well come on for a few mins in a Villa cup final... would mean more to him than many others, id imagine. 

The lad is going to be excellent. And he is going to be excellent for us. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Farlz said:

He only played his first competitive U18s game last week and now we want him on the bench and playing. Jesus Christ. 

So you are saying he could be the Messiah?

• Haha 1

45 minutes for the U23’s tonight. Competitive debut. 

2 assists in 3-0 win according to his Instagram. I didn’t even know they were playing..

Have to wonder why only 45 minutes. Surely he can’t be being saved for something??

Edit: It was away against Portsmouth in PL Cup.

Edited by Elton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If Barry and some of the others are that good now, then surely they are above the U23s and worth moving on into the main squad. Thing with Barry and few others is you need to let there talent breath, we've been so bad at allowing Youths find a way into our first team that only here and there have we seen them come in and that's because we've had short numbers.

I want us to change big time and start allowing these younglins into the main squad, they should be allowed to gain experience at a rate that allows them to progress. As it stands we have many first teamers who seem to be unable to make things happen on the pitch. There isn't enough competition still, we have to change it where there place could be under threat by some of these hopefuls and watch them either play like a hurricane or they will lose out to a kid, you have to admit no one would want that to happen to them and if it does happen it will be because of the right reason that they were not good enough and the kid was.

I just do not think competition is as strong as what it can be or anywhere near the standard it can be yet, maybe that's one reason some of them are not giving it there all at game times.

Edited by Dave-R

Â