Tom13

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

No :( I know you tend to watch a fair bit of youth footie though so thought I’d ask. I’d be interested to know your thought if and when you do SGC.

I’ve seen sporadic matches of our U23 team, over the years but haven’t seen Barry yet (have we played against him for W Brom?)

I haven’t seen him play before but I would like to. I also don’t know if we played against WBA when he was there

• Like 1

This falls into my idea that we simply should find those players who are 1) good and 2) villa fans and just buy them.

He will leave nothing on the pitch every game , as Jack has done pretty much every single game. 

How awful is the official site, you go to the news section and the first few articles are about non football related stuff mixed in with Womens football, you scroll further down and there is an article about Jedinak with a large photo, then a look over to the right after you scrolled down a bit you spot Barrys haircut and find an article about Harrison talking about Barry. Really is an awful website. Youd expect a new signing at the top as soon as you go to the website

• Like 3

Just now, alreadyexists said:

Even if you've been through the behemoth of youth systems at Barcelona, there must be something spine chillingly amazing about playing your first game for your boyhood club, winning, and scoring in the game.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Junxs said:

How awful is the official site, you go to the news section and the first few articles are about non football related stuff mixed in with Womens football, you scroll further down and there is an article about Jedinak with a large photo, then a look over to the right after you scrolled down a bit you spot Barrys haircut and find an article about Harrison talking about Barry. Really is an awful website. Youd expect a new signing at the top as soon as you go to the website

It's terrible. And when they link to a video via social media, it goes to AVTV (which I've signed up for) but you have to navigate to the section where the video is yourself! Complete guesswork.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

It's terrible. And when they link to a video via social media, it goes to AVTV (which I've signed up for) but you have to navigate to the section where the video is yourself! Complete guesswork.

Just had a look on my phone app rather than the website as I did earlier. Again nothing on the main page, but when you go to news section it's not even the main story. And if anyone didn't know about Samatta signing (for example a casual fan from abroad) then there's 6 women's team articles before anything about Samatta. 

With the amount of women's content they put out, it really needs its own category, but I guess they are trying to push it but I fear it's pushing more people away from the official villa channels. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, useless said:

Even with the U23s he's playing at an higher level than you'd normally expect with a sixteen year old, doesn't turn seventeen for another six months, technically he's got another six and a half years before he's too old for the U23s, Grealish will be in his thirties by then. England U17s have some very highly rated players at the moment, like Barry, Bellingham, Havery Elliott and Karamoko Dembele from Celtic... He will have already played with Aaron Ramsey at that level as well, and possibly Carney Chukwuemeka.

That's a crazy thing to think about. 

28 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Just had a look on my phone app rather than the website as I did earlier. Again nothing on the main page, but when you go to news section it's not even the main story. And if anyone didn't know about Samatta signing (for example a casual fan from abroad) then there's 6 women's team articles before anything about Samatta. 

With the amount of women's content they put out, it really needs its own category, but I guess they are trying to push it but I fear it's pushing more people away from the official villa channels. 

I was about to say maybe it's to do with not trying to build up expectation too much,  but given the Samatta comment it certainly sounds more like incompetence.

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

Unless it's to buy tickets, I haven't used the official site for about 5 years. It was shit then and sounds like it's the same now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, useless said:

Even with the U23s he's playing at an higher level than you'd normally expect with a sixteen year old, doesn't turn seventeen for another six months, technically he's got another six and a half years before he's too old for the U23s, Grealish will be in his thirties by then. England U17s have some very highly rated players at the moment, like Barry, Bellingham, Havery Elliott and Karamoko Dembele from Celtic... He will have already played with Aaron Ramsey at that level as well, and possibly Carney Chukwuemeka.

how the mighty have fallen , from Juventus to Villa under 23's in one season

Jacob :)

2 hours ago, kidlewis said:

This falls into my idea that we simply should find those players who are 1) good and 2) villa fans and just buy them.

He will leave nothing on the pitch every game , as Jack has done pretty much every single game. 

Absolutely. This is why I wanted Joe Lolley in the summer. He'd sweat blood for us and I think he would have delivered at least as much as Trez

• Like 1

Welcome to the mighty Villa, Louie. 

If he’s nurtured in the right way and fulfils his potential, he can be a super star for us. Part of me hopes he gets some first team action this season, I’d love to have our very own Rooney-esque teenage striking sensation. 

Â