Tom13

Just now, Mic09 said:

If Dean Smith wants to send a message, I'm sure he will use WhatsApp rather than a 16 year old kid.

So tell El Ghazi he's dropped by WhatsApp and Barry is in his place on the bench?

OK, cool.

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

Do we have to do the whole Rooney, Milner, Defoe etc thing again?

I'm not championing Barry to start ahead of readiness, but I have sympathy for the view that pulling some lazy, disinterested, overpaid and self-entitled gobshite from a matchday squad in place of this kid on the bench, is not the worst idea.
There are many ways you can try to appeal to a player. You can scream at them, you can put an arm around their shoulders, you can try different tactics and so on, but sometimes players only respond to losing their place / match bonuses / invulnerability.

If we have to, I wouldn’t put him on the bench even if had an injury crisis, he is 16 years old, it could ruin him. Who is this lazy, disinterested, overpaid and self entitled gobshite that you are referring to?

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

State of this forum, man.

He is 16, things are getting toxic and international players are hiding from the ball and look absolute rattled.

Aye, chuck him in.

Why not?

James Milner got chucked in... Wayne Rooney got chucked in... Neither of those were fancied by Barcelona as a prospect for the future...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

If we have to, I wouldn’t put him on the bench even if had an injury crisis, he is 16 years old, it could ruin him. Who is this lazy, disinterested, overpaid and self entitled gobshite that you are referring to?

You.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Hardly fair on Barry to be used as a message to some senior players. 

The club need to consider his development not a little short term kick to a few players. 

He's played one half for the u23 side. He is 16 years old. He's not Rooney, owen or Milner. 

Lets trust that Harrison has been brought in because he knows what he's doing.

I'm happy to let the club decide when he's ready. Not a few fans who have decided el ghazi is soft. 

Barry said he wanted to be playing in the first team by the end of the season!

He is an ambitious kid who has just signed for his boyhood club... the club his family supports... and who he left Barcelona to join...

He has probably dreamt of playing in a Villa shirt at Villa Park his entire life... and after seeing the apparent shitshow at Southampton, will want to know when he can "have a go" and show the likes of El Ghazi what it means to be someone who actually wants to play for the club and not just a paycheque...

I say blood the kid... Even if its for 15-20 minutes... and lets see what he can do against the "bigger boys"...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Why not?

James Milner got chucked in... Wayne Rooney got chucked in... Neither of those were fancied by Barcelona as a prospect for the future...

I love the idea that wayne rooney just got chucked in. 

Like Everton weren't aware of what he could do. Like he hadn't been training with the first team for a long time previously. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Well there is Davis, Vassilev? (If it's currently a step too far for Barry)

Also re: Anwar, I think you will find 90 percent of the football community with eyes currently feel the same way.

I'm not saying I want Anwar out full time, he just needs to know he must find some more fight for this run in, we can;t take any passengers.

I've always thought he could do with putting on some more muscle as well, bad as it sounds, our Footballers who look "softer", generally are!

Targett came back from his accusations of "bottling it" in form and fighting.

Wow. What a statement. With nothing to back it up with. 

Absolute rubbish

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

Barry might be delighted to be given the opportunity. We don't know. His development must come first but don't assume he wouldn't take to it.

He isn't Rooney, Owen or Milner? Well, obviously. What do you mean by this though, that he isn't as good? Based on what?

I agree with you on letting the staff decide what's best. I mean, obviously. What else can we do about it anyway?
And your last point was hilariously bitchy. This is more than about Barry or El Ghazi, this is about ethics. When all you have to threaten consistently underperforming players with is youth, (which I think is more or less accurate now) do you go through with it?

If he is an owen or rooney then he'll be in the team shortly and we'll all be over the moon. 

But those players went in when they were ready. Not to send a message to supposed gobshites in the first team.  

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

If he is an owen or rooney then he'll be in the team shortly and we'll all be over the moon. 

But those players went in when they were ready. Not to send a message to supposed gobshites in the first team.  

What if he is nearly ready, maybe for the odd cameo (say 10 mins off the bench or so) AND Smith can combine that with sending this message?
It's getting a bit silly now to be honest. The main reason Barry will be on the bench (when he is) is because he's ready to be.

15 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I love the idea that wayne rooney just got chucked in. 

Like Everton weren't aware of what he could do. Like he hadn't been training with the first team for a long time previously. 

How long was he training with the first team before his debut then?

3 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I think he should be in the matchplay squad for the Cup Final, even if just to give him the experience. 

As he seems to be well in-form I'd give him twenty to thirty minutes too, why not?

Not for me - he's got a game at Bodymoor on Monday night to prepare for.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

What if he is nearly ready, maybe for the odd cameo (say 10 mins off the bench or so) AND Smith can combine that with sending this message?
It's getting a bit silly now to be honest. The main reason Barry will be on the bench (when he is) is because he's ready to be.

Agreed  

Let's have faith that the club know what they're doing with him. 

15 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I think he should be in the matchplay squad for the Cup Final, even if just to give him the experience. 

As he seems to be well in-form I'd give him twenty to thirty minutes too, why not?

Really?

Why not give a 16 year old 30 minutes in a cup final against Man City? You can't think of any reasons?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Why not?

Because they were good enough and ready.

If Barry is good enough and ready then he'll get used. That decision shouldn't be made just because we want to tell El Ghazi he's a word removed

• Haha 2

Michael Owen was a similar age and experience, he played for Liverpool when he was 17 and in a very important game. Some youngsters have an arrogance that defys their age and releases them from the worries and insecurities age brings. Not sure what Louis like but he seems confident and if he can compete in training with first team players then there is no reason for him not to play apart in our first team. 

Edited by tinker

Â