Tom13

On 11/09/2023 at 09:24, John said:

Well, they can now start singing "when he gets the ball, he's bound to score.." at Stockport. I would love to see him get anywhere near to Gary Shaw Autographs | Sports, Football or to 1975-1979 (1) - ASTON VILLA CARDS

Two great players, both of whom had their playing time cruelly cut short, through injury. :( 

Heartbreaking, when you think what these two wonderful players could have gone on to achieve. I'm trying to think of a modern day forward similar to Shaw,  and I'm honestly struggling. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Would seem odd to let Bidace go for not a lot and bring back Barry. Suspect this is bollocks, if the goals continue though maybe a league one move in Jan. Nice to see him settling. 

The story I read said we were recalling him with the idea of loaning him out to a higher league.

24 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

leave him be. it's going just fine at stockport. if he can play at a better level than so what? surely it's better for him to be the main man, scoring goals every week and enjoying his football rather than sending him somewhere slightly better that might not work out.

Worth the test I suppose. What good is a player who's only good enough at League 2 level to us. He needs to prove himself at a higher level.

12 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Worth the test I suppose. What good is a player who's only good enough at League 2 level to us. He needs to prove himself at a higher level.

Yes he does. But there's always the second half of the season. I don't see the harm in him building confidence by keeping this scoring run going. His loans to League 1 have both gone poorly so the more confident he is going into it the better IMO. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Unless Emery sees use for him as Wide Forward competition?

I saw some fans saying he has started filling out physically, which is a positive.

Everyone's seen the standard we're now at and it wasn't quite enough for A. Ramsey or Archer to break though. Although those two were worth 30m between them and Louie is a long way off that price bracket.

Good Barry is proving himself yet again at league 2. I think he'll have a similar career to O'Hare actually, will be a good championship player in a couple of years time.

• Like 1

Â