Tom13

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

According to the Guardian EFL podcast he's the best player in league 2 and far too good for that level.

He probably should be if we have visions of him making it at PL level. Getting to the age where he does need to be pushing on. 

He's had a couple of bad loans, that haven't worked out, but his natural ability should be above League 2 level. And he probably should be bulking out enough to make it show. Does seem to have turned a bit of a corner on that front this season. 

Maybe he'd been hampered so far by late physical development, but should mean his career follows more of a Vardy/Kane trajectory than a Saka/Tielemans. Assuming of course he does make it.

Could be the start of something. Let's see if he can refind his scoring boots this weekend!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villa89 said:

According to the Guardian EFL podcast he's the best player in league 2 and far too good for that level.

Well he wasn't last season.

I'd be very weary of cutting a loan short to join another club. He's been at , what, 5 or 6 clubs now and the majority of them he's barely been able to break into the 11 on a regular basis.

Slowly slowly with Barry now. It's going to be a long road if he wants a PL and Championship career. There is no short cuts or fast tracking for him imo. He has to play, has to...every single game 3 times a week, main man.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Well he wasn't last season.

I'd be very weary of cutting a loan short to join another club. He's been at , what, 5 or 6 clubs now and the majority of them he's barely been able to break into the 11 on a regular basis.

Slowly slowly with Barry now. It's going to be a long road if he wants a PL and Championship career. There is no short cuts or fast tracking for him imo. He has to play, has to...every single game 3 times a week, main man.

Yeah agreed. Keep him where he's at. Finally comfortable playing football.

Age 20 and his fifth loan club, you want as much regular football as possible for him. Might end up being an FPP sell but least we can do for Barry is regular football and a chance at a league one/championship side.

On 12/10/2023 at 11:27, useless said:

Point isn't that he must leave to go to an higher level in January, there are some good arguments for him to stay where he is, but the idea that he's only just started playing well this season for Stockport isn't one of them.

Lots of good points. Also to add to your point about him playing well at Salford, that's apparently what got him the move to Stockport, they liked his link up play with the Salford left back who had moved to Stockport earlier in the window. 

I was one of the people saying he should stay at Stockport but to clarify my argument was that he's moved around so much that some stability might be good for him off the pitch, as much or more than on it. If he can go up with Stockport and stay with them again and just work with the same people in the same facilities, that might work better. Otherwise it's loan club number 6 in 3 seasons. 

4 hours ago, useless said:

Didn't score today but apparently made Stockport's second goal with good wing play before forcing an own goal, presumingly he gets an assist for that.

Don't get an assist for an own goal unfortunately, even if you essentially create the goal. To get an assist you have to have the last touch before the scoring player on your own team. Opposition player scoring doesn't count.

• Like 1

Stockport going to win the league so I'd keep him where he is.

Wouldn't shock me if they signed him end of the season as then he'd have the platform to finally excel at league one level and Stockport would then target trying to get into the championship in a season or two.

They have money behind them so 500k-1m bid would be logical and we can put in a good sell on clause or even a buyback.

A few years ago but what did we sell O'Hare to Coventry for? Or did his contract just run out?

• Like 1

Â