Tom13

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

For me when he eas through it was a goal, I have never seen him play before but his movement and posture said enough for me. Proper finisher

I thought he was going to blaze it, to be honest.  You're a kid running through on goal against Liverpool, he must have been SO EXCITED inside - but that finish was beautifully composed.  Placed into the bottom corner, little bit of body movement to throw the keeper off... just superb.

Well done lad.

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I thought he was going to blaze it, to be honest.  You're a kid running through on goal against Liverpool, he must have been SO EXCITED inside - but that finish was beautifully composed.  Placed into the bottom corner, little bit of body movement to throw the keeper off... just superb.

Well done lad.

His excitement was visible. The grin on his face as he took the shot was proof of that. It didn't stop him doing it right, though.

I can see what the hype around him is about. A bit more physical development and he'll be top class, pure and simple.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

Must be the lockdown talking but I got a wee bit emotional myself when he scored. Possibly my favourite villa goal this season that

I cried 

That finish given the circumstances, the pressure, almost being tripped , two players hot on his heels, was superb. That is a really really positive sign. Shows he is a natural finisher which is so rare these days.

I was pleasantly surprised with his physicality as well. He did a fifty yard run showing good strength shrugging off two players and for the goal he used his body really well to get across the defender.

He needs proper experience, let him experience professional football. We all know Davis isn't going to make it anymore. As much as I like him, so either get him out on loan or swap him with Davis and let him have some minutes.

Now is a prime opportunity to get him out to a decent championship / league 1 club and see what he is made of

I couldn't stop smiling when he was giving his post match interview to BT. How refreshing it was to see a young lad speaking from the heart, without all the nonsense media training and cliche soundbites. You could've been listening to any random 17 year old villa fan that they picked off the street. He was just genuinely buzzing and emotional about playing for his team and scoring a goal that will change his life. Seemed like such a good lad as well, was quick to mention his team-mates and his Dad rather than focusing on himself. Brilliant stuff

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, handsworthvilla said:

I couldn't stop smiling when he was giving his post match interview to BT. How refreshing it was to see a young lad speaking from the heart, without all the nonsense media training and cliche soundbites. You could've been listening to any random 17 year old villa fan that they picked off the street. He was just genuinely buzzing and emotional about playing for his team and scoring a goal that will change his life. Seemed like such a good lad as well, was quick to mention his team-mates and his Dad rather than focusing on himself. Brilliant stuff

Yep. I also thought he sounded fairly literate and reflected. Mings is obviously a beacon in that respect, but I'm so used to the Gabby and Ashley Young's of this world, I kinda expect these interviews to be of the same mold. But at 17, I'm impressed. 

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

The new Vardy hey 😁

He reminds me of Vardy in a few ways, be great to have home real into the first team but with our style of play I can't see it happening until he gets physically stronger. Send it out on loan to a team that plays his style of football.

Great night for him and all the others , there was some great performances all over the pitch those players should be proud of what they did and the way they play the game , it was very refreshing .UTV .

1 hour ago, handsworthvilla said:

This. No ego, not afraid to show a bit of emotion. Some great personalities at this club now.

29 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Yep. I also thought he sounded fairly literate and reflected. Mings is obviously a beacon in that respect, but I'm so used to the Gabby and Ashley Young's of this world, I kinda expect these interviews to be of the same mold. But at 17, I'm impressed. 

I don't think he used a subject and verb for the first minute, but he pulled it together as he went on. That's no criticism though...17 years old, scored a goal on TV against Liverpool...I'm surprised he could get a word out. What a great goal. Great pass, great strength, great composure and a great finish. 

16 minutes ago, Rolta said:

I don't think he used a subject and verb for the first minute, but he pulled it together as he went on. That's no criticism though...17 years old, scored a goal on TV against Liverpool...I'm surprised he could get a word out. What a great goal. Great pass, great strength, great composure and a great finish. 

Was more thinking he didn’t say 'ya know' every 5 seconds. But ye.

They are obviously footballers so you don't expect much, and at 17 even less.

Tbf, interviewed live on TV I'd be well nervous.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

1 hour ago, handsworthvilla said:

Totally agree, I've even watched it a few times.  That's why I love football, not these plastic footballers or manager interviews these days.  This is the football I grew up loving and playing, the reason I stood on the Holte end for all those years before being made to sit down.  I've sat in board rooms, conferences, strategy meetings, team meetings my whole career and have listened to articulate, professional, well spoken experts through many hours but I'd rather that kid's interview any day of the week.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Generalising now but he’s a Sutton Coldfield lad which is one of the nicest towns in Birmingham. Massive demand to live there because of the schools.  

2 hours ago, handsworthvilla said:

It was great, he seemed to have about 5 accents 😁 

Massively encouraging stuff, he just seems to have that instinct.  Lack of height shouldn't be an issue if he has great balance and can build his core strength up.  I look forward to seeing him develop.

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Generalising now but he’s a Sutton Coldfield lad which is one of the nicest towns in Birmingham. Massive demand to live there because of the schools.  

Any town/suburb that is not a blue nose area is a nice area in Birmingham just for that reason 😋

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Was more thinking he didn’t say 'ya know' every 5 seconds. But ye.

They are obviously footballers so you don't expect much, and at 17 even less.

Tbf, interviewed live on TV I'd be well nervous.

Micah Richards cursed on the BBC after his debut 😂😂😂😂

Â