Tom13

13 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Deserves a spot on the bench for our next league game...whenever it is. If he can hold of a defender from Liverpool's first team, then he's capable of doing it against anyone in the league. 

The time out of the limelight is over, he seems confident enough and based on that performance he'll offer more of a scoring threat off the bench then Davis ever will.

With the villa covid situation he might get another chance sooner rather than later! Definitely proved he isn't phased as did all of them I guess. 

It wasn't just Barcelona that wanted him pretty much all the biggest clubs in England wanted him and before joining Barcelona he also had a medical with Paris Saint Germain, truth be told I think the only reason we stood any chance of getting him at all is because he's a Villa fan. He's obviously a very talented player within his age group, when watching him even when he's having a quite game you get the feeling that he can make something happen, and be fair from what I've seen he usually does.

1 minute ago, AVFC44 said:

Shame really because from the interview you can quite clearly tell he is a boyhood Man United fan and will be desperate to join them in the summer. :( 

His dad's off to Cheltenham festival this year and will be telling everyone that the deal's already done

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, AVFC44 said:

Shame really because from the interview you can quite clearly tell he is a boyhood Man United fan and will be desperate to join them in the summer. :( 

He's already been house hunting in Manchester. 

22 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

That tiny little jink he does before the finish is something else. So subtle but that is what marks top players from the also rans.

Yep. Noticed that, just enough of a hip swivel to throw the keeper off balance. 

11 minutes ago, av1 said:

Just heard a interview with Klopp on TS, described Barry as a little Jamie Vardy. 

Nonsense...  Vardy has the most punchable face in the Premier League.  Barry looks like he's a normal kid.  

30 minutes ago, av1 said:

Just heard a interview with Klopp on TS, described Barry as a little Jamie Vardy. 

Thats what he reminds me of.

Edited by TRO

30 minutes ago, av1 said:

Klopp obviously read my post comparing him to Vardy in the match thread :)

One  of the most satisfying things about that goal was watching Klopp put his head in his hands as it went in 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

What a finish, world class players make that finish if honest 

I love the movement, positioning, strength and pace to get away. It's what he said afterwards which was even more impressive "I knew I had it as soon as I saw it" . The kid's got it. 

Personally I'd give him a few more tastes of the first team see how it goes and then a half season loan next season playing for a men's team will probably do him the world of good.

I don't like the lower English leagues because of the cloggers. I'd look at linking up with a European team or even a South American team because the football is technical but the defenders are tough.

• Like 1

Â