Tom13

Come to the club I have loved all my life, bless him. Was thinking could we be like Yorkshire cricket club in the 60s and only field Villa fans, Pretty much got half a team already

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AVFC44 said:

Shame really because from the interview you can quite clearly tell he is a boyhood Man United fan and will be desperate to join them in the summer. :( 

It’s an even bigger shame that we don’t have billionaire owners that will be able to afford to keep him at the club. 

Best enjoy him while we have him, lads. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I love the movement, positioning, strength and pace to get away. It's what he said afterwards which was even more impressive "I knew I had it as soon as I saw it" . The kid's got it. 

Personally I'd give him a few more tastes of the first team see how it goes and then a half season loan next season playing for a men's team will probably do him the world of good.

I don't like the lower English leagues because of the cloggers. I'd look at linking up with a European team or even a South American team because the football is technical but the defenders are tough.

For me when he eas through it was a goal, I have never seen him play before but his movement and posture said enough for me. Proper finisher

• Like 3

Great performance from the lad. How lucky are we to have so many Villa fans in and around the first team? Imagine fielding Grealish, Ramsey, Barry and Revan with Smith at the helm. Stuff of dreams.

I had some doubts about if he was physical enough to get involved, so I was delighted to see the Liverpool defender bounce off him in the challenge before the goal. He must have been a foot taller than Louie, but he didn't give a shit :D 

He might not ever make it here, but he's got something about him and would rather play for the Villa than Barcelona. Youve gotta think if he applies himself hes got more than half a chance of playing at a good level for this club.

I've rarely been prouder to support the Villa than I am tonight - and for all our VT friends from elsewhere in the world, that interview typifies what this club means to those of us grew up in Villa territory. I know lads whose brothers played youth football with Louis just as I know lads who were at school with Jack. It really feels like we're on the cusp of something special over the next few years here. As others have said, all being well we could field a team half full of life-long Villa fans in the not too distant future. We've lots to look forward to boys!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

Must be the lockdown talking but I got a wee bit emotional myself when he scored. Possibly my favourite villa goal this season that

I'm sorry I missed it

I celebrated that goal more than the last minute winners we've had this season. Delighted for the kid, and loved his post match interview trying to stay calm but just unable to keep the grin off his face. Bet he didn't get much sleep last night. 

I see no reason with a bench of nine he can't get a place. He doesn't have to replace Davis on the bench, there's room for them both. No harm in giving him the odd ten minutes to get a taste for it. 

Like someone said above he's such a little fella you wonder if he's got the strength, but he was strong enough to shrug off the Liverpool defender. And what a cool finish. Making your debut for your club at 17 against the champions and scoring in front of the Holte. He's living all of our boyhood dreams. Just a shame the Holte wasn't packed to celebrate with him. 

9 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Deserves a spot on the bench for our next league game...whenever it is. If he can hold of a defender from Liverpool's first team, then he's capable of doing it against anyone in the league. 

The time out of the limelight is over, he seems confident enough and based on that performance he'll offer more of a scoring threat off the bench then Davis ever will.

I didn't want to say this last night cause everyone were so pleased, but no he's not ready for the bench methinks. Not even close. Davis all day. 

I won't take anything away from his or the other lads performance. It was impressive and they worked very hard. 

But I think if you threw them into a PL match you're in a for a rude awakening. The tempo would be much much higher. And while Barry had good movement and a very good finish, it was easy to see that he physically was miles off what's required. Liverpool definitely tried to score yesterday, but they also didn't go to town on us physically which they could have done. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, blunther said:

I celebrated that goal more than the last minute winners we've had this season. Delighted for the kid, and loved his post match interview trying to stay calm but just unable to keep the grin off his face. Bet he didn't get much sleep last night. 

I see no reason with a bench of nine he can't get a place. He doesn't have to replace Davis on the bench, there's room for them both. No harm in giving him the odd ten minutes to get a taste for it. 

Like someone said above he's such a little fella you wonder if he's got the strength, but he was strong enough to shrug off the Liverpool defender. And what a cool finish. Making your debut for your club at 17 against the champions and scoring in front of the Holte. He's living all of our boyhood dreams. Just a shame the Holte wasn't packed to celebrate with him. 

Yeah same here. And the entire match felt better without VAR pausing it. 
Commentators said VAR was in the match, but it felt like it wasn't cause there was no checks, which made it a better match automatically. 

10 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Yeah same here. And the entire match felt better without VAR pausing it. 
Commentators said VAR was in the match, but it felt like it wasn't cause there was no checks, which made it a better match automatically. 

After celebrating I did suddenly get the VAR fear... Imagine if they ruled that one out for some spurious reason. Would have been devastating. 

There'll be a few championship/league 1 clubs clamouring for a loan deal after that performance I imagine. I still think it'd do wonders for his development, too.

Also, it would mean more chances to actually see him play.

Â