Tom13

1 minute ago, sne said:

That run he does there for the goal is very, very clever. Top stuff.

Wonder if he'd have gone down under the challenge if there would have been a red card... But then he wouldn't have scored the goal so I'm glad he didn't!

• Like 1

The thing that impressed me was his all round game supporting the midfield. I knew he was a good finisher and had a bit of pace, but he wasn't just staying on the last man looking for balls over the top. Very mature performance from a 17-year-old.

2 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Wonder if he'd have gone down under the challenge if there would have been a red card... But then he wouldn't have scored the goal so I'm glad he didn't!

Exactly. The way he goes round the defender and then cuts in front of him means that if he goes down it's a red card and the defender has to halt his defensive run or bring him down. No way can he catch him after that.

Very clever and also avoided the offside by not just bolting forward like a lot of attackers would have done.

• Like 1

Hard to judge him tonight, isolated isn't the word, hard for him to press too given how deep the rest of the players were, not much his way in terms of decent passing in to feet or chances created, didn't stop though, was smashing the energy stuff down him

So just take the goal... Brilliant goal, fair bit of distance to go, composed, great finish 

He got one sniff at a goal and he scored 

• Like 2

Â