Tom13

Louie just doesnt have the physical and technical attributes to make it with us. Thats not a slight on him. 9 times out of ten, wonderkids at 16 don't make it at the very top at 21. He will end up having a really good EFL career if he keeps free of injury though and has the right mentality . The Stockport fans loved him and thought he was a class act  

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Louie just doesnt have the physical and technical attributes to make it with us. Thats not a slight on him. 9 times out of ten, wonderkids at 16 don't make it at the very top at 21. He will end up having a really good EFL career if he keeps free of injury though and has the right mentality . The Stockport fans loved him and thought he was a class act  

that's right, but he doesn't have aggression either.

I often talk about stature and I do think it's important, particularly in certain positions.....but smaller stature players can also shine, but the they have to have other attributes like Aggression and pace, to compensate.

You have to have the necessary attributes, to make you effective, whatever they are to dominate opponents.

Just now, TRO said:

that's right, but he doesn't have aggression either.

I often talk about stature and I do think it's important, particularly in certain positions.....but smaller stature players can also shine, but the they have to have other attributes like Aggression and pace, to compensate.

You have to have the necessary attributes, to make you effective, whatever they are to dominate opponents.

Yep. He could be a Jarod Bowen player if he had the real toughness and aggression.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Just now, Pongo Waring said:

Surely we could sell for 5 Million

His best seasons have been at league 2 level.

We signed Bowery for 500k from that league. Westwood was I think 1m with add ons so will be similar for Barry if Stockport are still interested.

Just now, VillaChris said:

We signed Bowery for 500k from that league. Westwood was I think 1m with add ons so will be similar for Barry if Stockport are still interested.

James Trafford best season was in league 1 but still went for 20 million 

Just now, Pongo Waring said:

James Trafford best season was in league 1 but still went for 20 million 

Was also keeper with England under 21s. You do well with that age group and you're in the 10-15m bracket as we've seen with Archer. Taylor Harwood-Bellis another, Southampton signing him permanently for 15m this summer.

Louie has only one appearance with England under 18s and that was in 2021 so he's been off the radar with the national youth sides for a few years now. If I was ROI I'd be approaching him to declare for them as he'd be a decent pick up as you'd expect him to move back up the leagues in the next few years if he leaves us.

Useless is pretty good at sharing insight into the England age groups so would be interested his thoughts why he hasn't had any call ups in recent times even though he's done well for Salford and Stockport.

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Both of those transfers were a decade (or longer) ago. The market is a lot different now than it was then.

That said, I still don't think anyone would be willing to pay £5m for Barry.

1 minute ago, JPAngel said:

Both of those transfers were a decade (or longer) ago. The market is a lot different now than it was then.

That said, I still don't think anyone would be willing to pay £5m for Barry.

The best bet is to sell him to someone who has potential to rise up the leagues like Brentford/Luton. Then he could potentially be playing top end championship and be of interest to prem teams like O'Hare before his injury.

We gave O'Hare away for practically nothing. However but for an ACL he'd probably have moved to a prem side for 7/8m and we'd have had a sell on clause for that. Coventry were in league 1 when he moved to them.

I actually wonder if Wrexham would be interested. They've had a rivalry with Stockport in recent times so would be a clever way of getting one over them and they'll be in the premier league at some point in the next decade with the backing they have.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â