Tom13

15 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Love his confidence

This can't be overstated that he knew he'd got it as soon as he saw it.  The very best players just see patterns in the game that others don't. They anticipate things before others which is why it all seems so easy for them. 

If he's got that going on in his head that's brilliant.  Love the way he speaks about Villa as well, maybe he and Grealish can blaze the trail for a new breed of footballer who show more loyalty to their clubs.  This boy could be knocking on the door of being a regular starter when Jack reaches his absolute peak.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

If he's got that going on in his head that's brilliant.  Love the way he speaks about Villa as well, maybe he and Grealish can blaze the trail for a new breed of footballer who show more loyalty to their clubs.  This boy could be knocking on the door of being a regular starter when Jack reaches his absolute peak.  

Imagine a 3 - 4 year passing of the torch where they are both in the same team tearing it up.

When Jack is ready to retire and Barry has become the complete forward.

• Like 1

This guy is the real deal. What surprised me given he is so small is that when he was occasionally outpaced by the Liverpool defenders he still did well to keep hold of the ball. Surprisingly strong and difficult to muscle off (a bit like McGinn).

And that shimmy and finish was class. He’s going to be a world beater. 

7 hours ago, Rolta said:

I don't think he used a subject and verb for the first minute

To be a really top striker, you're using a subject and verb in the first ten seconds. All the top strikers had this in their arsenal, even Franny Jeffers. 

Should be first team status with out a doubt, doesnt need to go out on loan as others may think he does.

It's simple if he could pull off a stunner like that against an ace liverpool team full of class players who were playing our Youth all while Barry is in a team alongside his fellow youth players, he should be with the first team without question. Barry will only get stronger and we should just let him and his abilities come out now.

Despite it was unfortunate our first team couldn't play due to covid, it also gave us a chance to see what the Youths could do. I was surprised at how good they are and it will give Smith things to think about even more now because a few players were extremely good against the Pool.

Edited by Dave-R

Poignant how Klopp calls him the "little jamie Vardy "

its how i see him or a "little Michael Owen"

We need that type of player.......Gareth Barry made his debut at 17, so did Gary Shaw.....why not have Louie around the first team, having Cameo's....sometimes they get lost on loan, it doesn't always work.

He can work on a strength building programme, like Jack, when the time is right.....he looks a natural, to me.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Klopp obviously read my post comparing him to Vardy in the match thread :)

One  of the most satisfying things about that goal was watching Klopp put his head in his hands as it went in 

I have seen top class players miss them.....his natural instincts was so grown up.

its typical of a goal that "Son" would score.

Couldn't pick out one player, to have a duff game.

if these kids keep on developing, we are in for some time in the future.

Edited by TRO

Three absolutely perfect touches for the goal, the finish was great, but the two that got him there were equally superb. Was strange watching it, that as soon as he was beyond the defender, I thought this is a goal. Dont think we have that with Watkins, and even Grealish. Not saying he is ready to play necessarily but its odd that it was his only chance and that was my gut feeling. Reminds of Kevin Phillips in many ways. One chance and goal.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

Three absolutely perfect touches for the goal, the finish was great, but the two that got him there were equally superb. Was strange watching it, that as soon as he was beyond the defender, I thought this is a goal. Dont think we have that with Watkins, and even Grealish. Not saying he is ready to play necessarily but its odd that it was his only chance and that was my gut feeling. Reminds of Kevin Phillips in many ways. One chance and goal.

And no one would have begrudged him being overawed by the occasion  and totally messing it up either. The more you think about it, the crazier it is.

Ice cold, scoring is obviously in his DNA.

The fact he grabbed that by the horns speaks volumes.

I've been waxing lyrical about the other lad since yesterday but Brad Young seriously gave me those fearless vibes as well.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

Â