Tom13

On 09/01/2021 at 20:56, turvontour said:

Three absolutely perfect touches for the goal, the finish was great, but the two that got him there were equally superb. Was strange watching it, that as soon as he was beyond the defender, I thought this is a goal. Dont think we have that with Watkins, and even Grealish. Not saying he is ready to play necessarily but its odd that it was his only chance and that was my gut feeling. Reminds of Kevin Phillips in many ways. One chance and goal.

Watkins and Grealish are rarely in a one on one situation unfortunately (must be the way we play). Grealish had that one against Arsenal I think? I think they are both very capable in these situations but regardless it was class from Barry at such a young age. Before that game I was very much in the loan him out camp but now I'm not so sure. Is he good enough to given game time this season? I think he could be and if he hits the gym a bit harder... 

23 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Surprised we didn't wake up to headlines, The Sun/Talksport understands Liverpool/Man Utd are preparing a Summer raid on Aston Villa 

would be boyhood United fan Louie Barry ;) 

I suppose technically as he's U18 he could still wake up tomorrow and decide to support United and it would still count as being a boyhood fan.

So calling him a boyhood United fan would be a (hopeful) prediction rather than a fact.

Edited by YouUnastanFren

4 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

I suppose technically as he's U18 he could still wake up tomorrow and decide to support United and it would still count as being a boyhood fan.

So calling him a boyhood United fan would be a (hopeful) prediction rather than a fact.

His dog is called Lou Macari  

How good a prospect is this lad are we talking Michael Owen/Wayne Rooney territory or are we looking at a couple of seasons loaned out somewhere? Barca don't take on no hopes but then again they don't let them go either.

2 hours ago, zab6359 said:

How good a prospect is this lad are we talking Michael Owen/Wayne Rooney territory or are we looking at a couple of seasons loaned out somewhere? Barca don't take on no hopes but then again they don't let them go either.

I don’t think we’re talking Owen/Rooney territory...hadn’t they both made their league debuts by his age already on merit?

Edited by Hornso

18 hours ago, Kingman said:

Surprised we didn't wake up to headlines, The Sun/Talksport understands Liverpool/Man Utd are preparing a Summer raid on Aston Villa 

Give it 6 months. Just give him the time and space to develop. I suspect probably  spell out on loan to a National League/League Two club next season for the next stage of his development.

Why are people measuring how good a player is by how old he is when he makes his debut? Messi is a thousand times better than Owen or Rooney but he was nearly 19 before he made his competitive first team debut. Ronaldo was nearly 18, and that was only Portuguese Primeira nowhere near the standard of the PL. 

Players develop at different rates. Able to play in the PL doesn't make him world class and it doesn't mean he's not going to be world class if he doesn't make it till he's 19. It's basically an irrelevance. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Why are people measuring how good a player is by how old he is when he makes his debut? Messi is a thousand times better than Owen or Rooney but he was nearly 19 before he made his competitive first team debut. Ronaldo was nearly 18, and that was only Portuguese Primeira nowhere near the standard of the PL. 

Players develop at different rates. Able to play in the PL doesn't make him world class and it doesn't mean he's not going to be world class if he doesn't make it till he's 19. It's basically an irrelevance. 

Not that I necessarily disagree with the overall point, but Messi had just turned 17 when he first started playing competitively for Barcelona. He had also been playing regular football for Barca B (who played in the 2nd tier) since he had turned 16.

On Barry, I still think he's a fair way off being ready for the first team. I'd like to see him get some time out on loan in League 1 next season with a team that tries to play decent football

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

It's nonsense, it really is.

Considering Wolves paid £35m for 18yr old Fabio Silva and we paid around £3.50 for Louis who's 17yrs old, I know what scouting team i put faith and trust in. 

With the right guidance we could have a real asset by the time he's 21 whereas it could be difficult for Silva, Been thrown in at the deep end due to injuries, massive pice tag, new language, new country, new culture, away from most of his friends and family, Its no wonder he's firing blanks, must feel like he's carrying the weight of the world someday. 

Louis has non of the above to worry about, Just stay off the front page and keep on the back page kid and you'll have a massive future in the game. 

Edited by Kingman

6 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Considering Wolves paid £35m for 18yr old Fabio Silva and we paid around £3.50 for Louis who's 17yrs old, I know what scouting team i put faith and trust in. 

We actually paid around 1 million euros

Â