January Transfers 2019/20

sne

2 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

I’d Rather we tried for Victor Wanyama or someone like that on loan without the baggage Drinkwater currently is going through.

I'd love us to take Wanyama, partly as my other half is Kenyan and I might be able to get her interested in Villa... But also because he's a very decent player! 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

I’d Rather we tried for Victor Wanyama or someone like that on loan without the baggage Drinkwater currently is going through.

Me as well, no point in us risking signings from european leagues that will need time to settle though. Wonder if we could get snodgrass back.

1 minute ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Me as well, no point in us risking signings from european leagues that will need time to settle though. Wonder if we could get snodgrass back.

We should have bought Snodgrass in the summer. I’d have him back in a heartbeat.

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

Christ no, I remember the furore over the last player we had that kept things ticking over. Ashley Westwood was his name if I remember correctly... 

Is that the same Westwood who has been one of Burney's best players?

Anyway its a no to me with Drinkwater, way too much baggage.

27 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Exactly the type of player we need. Decent in the air, can tackle and a strong reliable presence in midfield.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Lolley and Albrighton with Jack behind a new Striker. Go all Villa fans. Redmond and Demarai Gray (?) Too. Sign all the wingers /AMs 😄

Totally forgot about Lolley.

The hype around him in here has been replaced with Bowen.

How has Lolley been performing this season?

17 minutes ago, Harry said:

Is that the same Westwood who has been one of Burney's best players?

Yeah that’s him. He spawned endless debates over what he brought to the side, keeping things ticking over was one of the main features. The Wesley thread will end up that way too, it’s almost there now.

Had a look on a Forest forum recently and talking about Lolley they were saying that they hope we come in for him in January, this was about a month back so his form might have improved since then, the few times I've seen them this season he's had pretty quiet matches, but I don't think he'd be the right signing for us even based on last season's form. If at all possible we need to find some real top proven talent for those attacking positions, a creative player and someone to score some goals for us will make a big difference.

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Totally forgot about Lolley.

The hype around him in here has been replaced with Bowen.

How has Lolley been performing this season?

No he hasn’t. not been Impressing this season.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Norwich, QPR,  Everton, Brentford, Celtic & Rangers all eyeing up Lawrence Shankland for around £250k. All those clubs had scouts at the game Dundee United vs Dundee on 27/12

He's the lad i've mentioned on here a few times this last 2 seasons! He is good mates with John McGinn. 21 goals this season in 22 games this season.  50 goals in 61 for previous club Ayr United.

He is a great young striker...very fast and precise...he would be a great addition for now and the future....and for cheaper than mcginn was

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

He is a great young striker...very fast and precise...he would be a great addition for now and the future....and for cheaper than mcginn was

as i always say mate. a punt is a punt regardless of wage, division or age, low risk  fee and who knows could be our  2020' version of Alan "Rambo" McInally for us!!! Who cost us 200k in 1987!! Rambo was my first ever Villa hero long with David Platt :)

Lawrence's attitude has improved so much since his Aberdeen and my former club St Mirren days! He was a lot younger then and has lost all the additional weight.  attitude, He's a natural goalscorer. For around 250k to 500k it's really no brainier. McGinn is a also massive fan of Lawrence!!

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2