January Transfers 2019/20

sne

1 minute ago, useless said:

A match fit Drinkwater would be one of our better players, and he's exactly the type of midfielder that we need. Was outstanding for Leicester.

Long time ago that. He is in the Gabby/Lescott/Micah/Ross stages of "I don't give a **** about football anymore"

If this is the best we can do we might aswell just go down like the Garde season and save the money.

• Like 1

If the Drinkwater deal is sanctioned I'd be very worried about everyone leading the club, from DOF down to Smith and everyone in between.

And frankly I'd want them replaced.

Surely this is some bluenose trolling because we are facing Burnley next.

• Like 1

Just now, PieFacE said:

Because we're leaking goals left, right and centre and Hause and Konsa are a bit pants?

Just because we're being linked to a defender doesn't mean we're not after other players too. 

Exactly!

The composition of the squad thou would be starting to look ridiculous. A 25 man squad with 4 senior GK and 6 CB's :D 

I imagine we will see some departures

I assume the club would have looked into the current state of Drinkwater’s mental health and liver..

Assuming he is ok on both of those fronts it’s a low risk signing. If he rocks the boat he can be sent back to Chelsea. Football wise, I’ve no idea as haven’t seen him play for so long, which is presumably the case for Smith and Co too. As such if we are to sign him it should be before the FA Cup game so he can play in that before he gets used in PL or semi’s.

I also guess Heaton would have mates at Burnley who he can ask about Drinkwater’s attitude/application etc.

Edited by Elton

12 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Does Albrighton get much game time at Leicester these days? Would be perfect for us right now.

A team hoping for top 4 aren’t about to weaken their squad by selling players who they use, even if they are not first choice.

Edited by Elton

3 minutes ago, Elton said:

I assume the club would have looked into the current state of Drinkwater’s mental health and liver..

Assuming he is ok on both of those fronts it’s a low risk signing. If he rocks the boat he can be sent back to Chelsea. Football wise, I’ve no idea as haven’t seen him play for so long, which is presumably the case for Smith and Co too. As such if we are to sign him it should be before the FA Cup game so he can play in that before he gets used in PL or semi’s.

This is a guy who was injured after being beaten up at a nightclub after hitting on a teammates girlfriend a couple of months ago.

A guy who was charged with drunk driving in April after crashing his car into a wall.

And a guy who has appeared in a total of 25 games of football since 2017

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Elton said:

I also guess Heaton would have mates at Burnley who he can ask about Drinkwater’s attitude/application etc.

I live in Leicester and it is a well known local fact that Drinkwater basically spends his entire time drinking anything other than water! He is a dead duck and should be avoided at all costs. This has got to be nonsense. I cannot see anybody at VP thinking that this is a good option.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sne said:

This is a guy who was injured after being beaten up at a nightclub after hitting on a teammates girlfriend a couple of months ago.

A guy who was charged with drunk driving in April after crashing his car into a wall.

And a guy who has appeared in a total of 25 games of football since 2017

Fair enough, it’s that’s the case then I assume it’s a false link or do those events pre date his move to Burnley? Presumably he could have wised up, although seems unlikely.

5 minutes ago, Elton said:

A team hoping for top 4 aren’t about to weaken their squad by selling players who they use, even if they are not first choice.

Well I wasn't sure if he even got game time anymore hence asking the question!