January Transfers 2019/20

sne

Just now, theboyangel said:

I’d go all out for Bowen - worst case scenario and we end up relegated we know he’s a performer in the championship. 

Agreed. Bowen and Mitrovic have hit something like 30 goals between them in half a season so far. 

They would be brilliant signings and should the worst happen they would guarantee a shed load of goals. 

2 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

From what ive seen and im not an authority on these things I think he will be a 7/10 player every game for us in the premier league. For me that’s good enough. He is quick not rapid but seems to have good touch and technical ability. Positioning seems to be good too. 

Sounds like the doctor's orders. Wingers have to be the top priority. 

51 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Wingers are priority for me. Please lord we need two at least.

Wingers have a worry for me all year.Trez,Jota,Anwar or Jack (out wide!) are not cutting it.

Two new wingers will change us dramatically.

As long as they are good of course .

• Like 2

6 hours ago, useless said:

Being linked to Oumar Niasse. Just kidding.

I do actually remember him going to Hull when Marco Silva came in and he did make an impact, scored v Liverpool and in a few other games they won. Silva then virtually ignored him at Everton.

Didn't score at Cardiff though when he moved there after the Sala tragedy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Mitrovic and Bowen would completely transform our frontline imo. The 2 signings I want most. 

Talking between 50 & 60 million. They would bang goals in for fun !!

Up until a few seasons ago Niasse's goal per minutes ratio was actually very decent, from the 2015/16 season to the 2017/18 season he scored 24 goals in 31 games worth of football, why he didn't play more in that period I'm not sure, but was scoring goals. Problem is hasn't scored a goal in the last two seasons, including whilst on loan at Cardiff where he got plenty of game times

Fulham turned down £50m for Mitrovic from Guangzhou Evergrande, player himself was offered £300k a week as well. I can't see any scenario in which we would sign him, if he was for sale and Fulham were open to offers of as low as £30m and we had that money to spend on a striker, even then I think we'd likely think we can get better value for money elsewhere, on someone who has a better record at scoring goals in one of the top leagues.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Agreed. Bowen and Mitrovic have hit something like 30 goals between them in half a season so far. 

They would be brilliant signings and should the worst happen they would guarantee a shed load of goals. 

There is never a guarantee of goals. Remember goal machine Ross McCormac, and the then championship highest goal scorer Scott Hogan?

On another matter this is just depressing really, that it’s come to this and also the retrospective smartarsedness - we all [generally] agreed that the summers business was decent given the task at replacing the outgoing deadwood/old legs on a budget, it was as much about the next 5 years as this season, but how quickly that has been forgotten. We have needed every player to work and hit the ground running, that was never going to happen. Now we say we were naive for neglecting experience, but on being linked to Drinkwater (a £30m player) everyone gets sniffy.

For me, three decent loans: Pedro, Batshuayi, Drinkwater and the purchase of Bowen and that Vida would seem good, sensible business.

We have no chance with Benrahma as Brentford can smell the Premier League and frankly would be stupid to sell in Jan, same goes for Mitrovic (who is happy at Fulham, signed a new deal in the summer when relegated and is not motivated by money).

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

FFP is a sickener, it’s all b*llshit. The damage is done and the order already set and now they won’t let it change. The big clubs get around it, Sky hype the f*ck out of them perpetuating the myth, European football for the richest clubs pours more obscene money into their coffers, they buy all the youngsters, I mean look at Chelsea reaping the seeds sown 6-7 years ago:

Without the transfer embargo, Chelsea wouldn’t have appointed Lampard and would have sold Mount and Abraham this summer for probably £45-50m combined, they are now worth at least double that, and their academy and loaned out players. They have an embarrassment of riches and depth of talent and their first team exposure adds tens of millions to the other income stream these teams have. 

Villa (and others) are now not going to go bust so why not allow the owners to splash the cash and challenge the newly established order - FFP is a cap on the ambitious and barrier allowing the rich to get richer and go out of reach for ever. It makes me sick.

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Don’t underestimate the power of our owners. They will spend big in January and do whatever it takes to keep us up. 

Yes but as we saw in the summer spending 100m on the best wideman in the Turkish league and some attacking players from Belgium won't guarentee survival.

I'd rather spend a bit less but more on a loan fee to get in a decent player for six months or longer.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

F**k Brentford. If we want Benrahma we should be signing him. I’m starting to agree with @screwdriver We need to stop **** about and start swinging our big dick about! 

You've started the New Years drinking haven't you?

Make sure the only dick swinging you do tonight is in private or on VT 😉

Happy Qatar Time New Year!!! lol

On 27/12/2019 at 22:31, MaVilla said:

We are villa fans, we don't do patience, if a player isn't instantly da bestz, they are a turd..........

We could probably make a good mid table side with the players we have discarded as "not good enough for villa" or "not premiership quality".

I'm sure other fans do it, but we have a masters degree in it.

ie:

Gollini, Lowton, Cahill, Clark, Gueye, Makoun, Traore, Gil, Veretout, Albrighton, Ayew..............

We are not patient.......like with Hogan and Gestede?