January Transfers 2019/20

sne

45 minutes ago, useless said:

I always associate the best Villa sides having a lot of pace in the team.

Absolutely spot on. Even Mr Aston Villa himself wasn’t t actually very good, believe it or not. (I know it’s hard but try).But the boy could run and even the best defenders are scared by genuine pace. Our current team have the pace of an octogenarian running in porridge. 

26 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

That is a cheap dig at Wesley if ever i saw one

It wasn’t just aimed at Wesley, I think we lack pace all over the pitch. And besides my Villanous friend, it wasn’t cheap I’ve just poured a glass from a bottle of single malt. Cheap! How very dare you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

If Danny Drinkwater is the answer, I don't want to know the question.

What would a bad actor say playing a red Indian who is trying to explain who he saw with his head in the horse trough?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why?

Good question, in my opinion, which may differ from you own, I think we have had our pants pulled down with him and a few others.

He has experience at this level, which most of the others have not, I'd be looking at him to lead on the field and guide the DM when under pressure that side, we are very vulnerable there. He just hasnt connected with the defensive unit, I'll grant you he has briefly been effective connecting with Jack offensively but far from enough. In addition, he hasnt been fully fit since and before joining us. At 4m he'd be average enough back up, not 14, we may as well have put the pressure on and stumped up the money and done a deal for Bertrand. 

I would like him to work obviously but I just cant see it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

If I could have a perfect window wish list it would consist of...

Left Back 

Centre Back

Centre Mid

Left Wing

Right Wing

Striker

This would be great but we ideally need to move a few, even, actually, especially a few that joined in the summer too

Edited by Phil Silvers

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

This would be great but we ideally need to move a few, even, actually, especially a few that joined in the summer too

Yeah it won't happen. 

We'll be lucky to get a CB, CM, Winger and Striker in all honesty... 

I’d go all out for Bowen - worst case scenario and we end up relegated we know he’s a performer in the championship. 

other than Bowen I agree we need a tough no nonsense central midfielder and a strike partner for Wesley (i think he’d be better with a foil to play off).