January Transfers 2019/20

sne

Telegraph saying that we're interested in taking Adrien Tamèze on loan, he's a defensive midfielder, which is a postion that I think we need strengthening...

Edited by useless

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

didnt we also try to sign Debuchy as well. all we did was bring back Cissokho,

what a miserable time

To be a little bit more optimistic, at least we aren't as far adrift as we were then. We're still breathing now. We could really do with getting a point or three at Burnley though.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Does anyone else remember the last time we were in this division, when Remi Garde was managing us, and we spent the January window attempting to sign Seydou Doumbia, only for him to decide to join Newcastle instead, and then they spent about three months waiting for him to get up to speed physically and ended up only giving him 1 or 2 starts?

We need to not be like either end of that this time.

Khazri was the main player from that period I recall, actually played a big part in Sunderland staying up but then lost interest when Big Sam left. Doing well in France again.

Actually on Hulk there was a piece on him dating the neice of his ex wife so not sure he's fully focused on football atm!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, useless said:

Telegraph saying that we're interested in taking Adrien Tamèze on loan, he's a defensive midfielder, which is a postion that I think we need strengthening...

From those highlights he looks much more than just a CDM to be fair.

Looks strong, powerful, with some skill, can drive forward and also score.

More box to box (Can do it all)

Then again the video is about 30 seconds long. lol

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

didnt we also try to sign Debuchy as well. all we did was bring back Cissokho,

what a miserable time

Yes we were heavily linked with a few players.  I remember Garde actually stabilised our results a bit in January, something like 2 losses in 10 but then got no signings at the end of it.  Just knew that the club had given up completely by then.

We need power, pace,  & athleticism in CM & CF. They are the 2 areas most vital for us to improve on imo. Finding improvement at CF shouldn’t be too difficult with what we currently have. We could actually do with a couple more players in at CM in truth, we are so weak there. Fingers crossed we have a good January transfer window. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

I only want players who are boffing their wife’s nieces. Shows character. 

Agreee. Have something in common John Terry as well, fit in better with the existing management team.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's **** shite as well.

If we don't come out of this window with a striker then we have some serious idiots at this club.

We probably don’t need a centre half but I thought Vida was highly rated?  I’ve only ever seen him in the World Cup and he was pretty good then. 

40 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

More links to Vida.

Must be total balls. Centre back just about the only position we don't need.

We need a short term ish experienced head there I think. Can get away with it when Mings is out there given we were getting draws and wins with him on a semi regular basis but one injury to him and we're down to inexperienced kids which Konsa and Hause simply are at this level. Engels more experienced but he struggles without Mings alongside him.

We should've got Cahill back on a one year deal. The limitations of our transfer strategy. We'd have probably turned our noses up at Paul McGrath all those years ago.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Could be true this one..... Quick Google later and I'm in. 

Engels posted back to Belgium?

Don't think this has anything to do with Engels. Vida can play Right Back as well.

Have seen some fans say he is great, and some say he is turd. So got no clue.

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Could be true this one..... Quick Google later and I'm in. 

Engels posted back to Belgium?

Straight swap for Kodjia please, they've been linked with him all winter.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Don't think this has anything to do with Engels. Vida can play Right Back as well.

Have seen some fans say he is great, and some say he is turd. So got no clue.

I suppose we had to field Konsa and Hause the last two games, and Chester is pretty much expired. Cue 'but we need a bloody striker first!' comments, because of course player transfers are done in strict order of fan anxiety. 

• Like 2

Wonder what this means in regards to Mings injury if we are after our 5th CB signing for the season?

Mings might be a bit more serious than we hope.

Or it could just be an interned rumor...

1 minute ago, sne said:

Wonder what this means in regards to Mings injury if we are after our 5th CB signing for the season?

Mings might be a bit more serious than we hope.

Or it could just be an interned rumor...

This was being rumoured way before Ming's injury.

He can cover at Right Back also.

By all accounts either a Right side CB, of Right Back, backup.

As we have also seen, we are only 2 or 3 injuries away from a quality crisis.

• Like 1