January Transfers 2019/20

sne

The club is now in a very difficult position in the January transfer window. Any player coming in will know its a relegation battle & will want a clause in case the worst happens. The selling club will want a high price knowing that Villa are desperate. It does look like the loan market could be the best bet but will only defer the problem until the Summer unless the loan has an option to buy.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

We need someone with a bit of a presence in midfield. Someone who will lead by example and give others around him a rollicking. Someone with abit of steel. A keane or Viera type mentality.

Are there any of those left?

2 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Love your recommendations on here - let’s me keep an eye on ones for the future as I have a terrible record of predicting who will and won’t make it!

Thank you mate that means a lot to me. Happy Christmas to you and your family.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've asked this before, but are there no South American teams/countries we could raid as well as not have a problem with work permits? ( For top players "loans" a la West Ham years ago).

At the recent World Club Cup competition, here in Qatar, the likes of Monterey and Flamengo had some brilliant players on display. Yes they lost out in the end but those players are so damn technical and skilled it's insane!

Although I'm guessing the Spanish sides probably poach all the South Americans.

Not necessary mate Watford have just signed another Brazilian wonder kid (Joao Pedro from Fluminense FC) he is arriving in January.

after they signed Richarlison a few years back out of nowhere and made a massive profit.

probably is we get stung on work permits but likes of Watford never seem to do... But we always have issue with them!

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Are there any of those left?

@sir_gary_cahill

hmmm.....What about Glen Kamara of Rangers!!!

I like Semi Ajayi of Baggies, they signed him from Rotherham in summer! He is a no-nonsense DCM. Pity as Baggies wouldn't deal with us! He only cost £1.5mil too. He's ex Charlton youngster..

He's Been very impressive this season that lad and holds everything together so well!!! Letting Matheus Pereira & Grady Diangana cause some serious damage going forward.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

@sir_gary_cahill

hmmm.....What about Glen Kamara of Rangers!!!

I like Semi Ajayi of Baggies, they signed him from Rotherham in summer! He is a no-nonsense DCM. Pity as Baggies wouldn't deal with us! He only cost £1.5mil too. He's ex Charlton youngster..

He's Been very impressive this season that lad and holds everything together so well!!! Letting Matheus Pereira & Grady Diangana cause some serious damage going forward.

I trust you, I’m off to bed, Happy Xmas to you all, night!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

Heard a whisper we’ve agreed a loan deal for Batshuayi. 

A starting striker is the number 1 priority.

Man down the pub tell you?

Edited by Tomaszk

31 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

Heard a whisper we’ve agreed a loan deal for Batshuayi. 

Would love that but can’t see them letting a player that has featured in 18 games this season leave in Jan when they aren’t able to replace him. 

Giroud has featured in 7 so if any striker’s allowed to leave it will be him. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Would love that but can’t see them letting a player that has featured in 18 games this season leave in Jan when they aren’t able to replace him. 

Giroud has featured in 7 so if any striker’s allowed to leave it will be him. 

They have had the transfer ban lifted

• Thanks 1