January Transfers 2019/20

sne

25 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Would love that but can’t see them letting a player that has featured in 18 games this season leave in Jan when they aren’t able to replace him. 

Giroud has featured in 7 so if any striker’s allowed to leave it will be him. 

Giroud in my mind is not the answer to the problem. He never was fast but has slowed down in the last year. He is a a target man for wingers to get he ball into & I'm not sure that is the answer.

30 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

When Giroud started for Chelsea a few weeks ago, he looked so far off the pace it was almost comical. I'm not sure he'd want to come here, or that he'd be that great if he did.

edit. deleting sorry.

Edited by Villan4Life

4 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

as it's obviously you been told porkies by whoever told you!  

I work in football and can tell you straight away your mate is having  laugh with you kid.

Merry Christmas sir!

3 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

as it's obviously you been told porkies by whoever told you!  

I work in football and can tell you straight away your mate is having  laugh with you kid.

Unless you’re in your late 60’s or early 70’s it’s biologically impossible for you to refer to me as kid.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've asked this before, but are there no South American teams/countries we could raid as well as not have a problem with work permits? ( For top players "loans" a la West Ham years ago).

At the recent World Club Cup competition, here in Qatar, the likes of Monterey and Flamengo had some brilliant players on display. Yes they lost out in the end but those players are so damn technical and skilled it's insane!

Although I'm guessing the Spanish sides probably poach all the South Americans.

It's a nice idea, but these kinds of signings usually take a while to settle and are more of a gamble. No problem with raiding the Latin American leagues - just don't think it's the answer to our short-term problem.

2 hours ago, gurru991 said:

The club is now in a very difficult position in the January transfer window. Any player coming in will know its a relegation battle & will want a clause in case the worst happens. The selling club will want a high price knowing that Villa are desperate. It does look like the loan market could be the best bet but will only defer the problem until the Summer unless the loan has an option to buy.

Yep, factor in FFP restrictions as well, and you suspect Purslow has to drop his aversion to the loan market. If we survive this season, we hopefully won't be relegated again for a long time, as our young squad will have been blooded, and we'll have the financial resources to invest in some real quality players.

So this season is crucial, and if that means wasting money on improving other clubs' players, then so be it.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

Unless you’re in your late 60’s or early 70’s it’s biologically impossible for you to refer to me as kid.

Sorry  @Robbie09

I respect what you heard... i handled it in wrong way, i'm really sorry Robbie

I hope you and your family have good xmas & new year. Sorry again. 

UTV

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1