January Transfers 2019/20

sne

6 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Anyone know if Eze of QPR would be an upgrade on our current midfield options? Also, would Eze give us that power and aggression that we lack? Just don’t know enough about the fella, but see him suggested a lot.

yep!! absolute baller

• Like 2

3 hours ago, thunderball said:

Didn’t Brentford buy a replacement for Benrahma in the Summer, however Benrahma never moved in the end? Surely a loan with a buy if we stay up is in everyone’s interest?

We signed Halil Dervişoğlu a Turkish under 21 international from Sparta Rotterdam in August and when we didn't sell Benrahma we lent him back to them until Jan 1st, he joined us a couple of days ago and was seen training with the squad yesterday ready for the New Year, I have a feeling, hopefully, that we won't be letting anyone go in the window, but adding to the squad, but it appear from paper talk (if you believe it) that Spurs are now interested in Benrahma, but it's football and a wait and see game, and you just never know what's going to happen!!! 

It's a sellers market in this window, and they hold all the cards, so players won't be cheap, as clubs that are in trouble try and buy themselves out of it.

55 minutes ago, jonjon said:

We signed Halil Dervişoğlu a Turkish under 21 international from Sparta Rotterdam in August and when we didn't sell Benrahma we lent him back to them until Jan 1st, he joined us a couple of days ago and was seen training with the squad yesterday ready for the New Year, I have a feeling, hopefully, that we won't be letting anyone go in the window, but adding to the squad, but it appear from paper talk (if you believe it) that Spurs are now interested in Benrahma, but it's football and a wait and see game, and you just never know what's going to happen!!! 

It's a sellers market in this window, and they hold all the cards, so players won't be cheap, as clubs that are in trouble try and buy themselves out of it.

i'm sure Brendan McFarlane (Your French scout) will continue to keep bringing over talented players from France.

Edited by Villan4Life

35 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Benrahma? 

I'm not sure if he's less of a levy type signing or less of a mounrinho type signing 

He doesn't tick either of the 50 international caps or less than £10m boxes 

Neither did Harry Kane when he first started, but he's turned out OK, and It's only newspaper gossip anyway, sometimes you have to take a gamble. 

2 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

we should look at 17 year old Ricky-Jade Jones of Peterborough United

Very exciting player and can play as midfielder also as a striker.

@sir_gary_cahill will like this player!! he is lightening fast Sir Gazza! Apparently Liverpool are sniffing around him. Darren Ferguson has said when he made his debut for Posh that he has all the attributes to play in Premier League and is the fastest player he has ever seen.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

@sir_gary_cahill will like this player!! he is lightening fast Sir Gazza! Apparently Liverpool are sniffing around him. Darren Ferguson has said when he made his debut for Posh that he has all the attributes to play in Premier League and is the fastest player he has ever seen.

Thanks, first time I’ve heard of him, I’ll keep a look out for him :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

we should look at 17 year old Ricky-Jade Jones of Peterborough United

Very exciting player and can play as midfielder also as a striker.

Love your recommendations on here - let’s me keep an eye on ones for the future as I have a terrible record of predicting who will and won’t make it!

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Like 1

I've asked this before, but are there no South American teams/countries we could raid as well as not have a problem with work permits? ( For top players "loans" a la West Ham years ago).

At the recent World Club Cup competition, here in Qatar, the likes of Monterey and Flamengo had some brilliant players on display. Yes they lost out in the end but those players are so damn technical and skilled it's insane!

Although I'm guessing the Spanish sides probably poach all the South Americans.