January Transfers 2019/20

sne

20 hours ago, chrisvilla4 said:

He's 16. I'm sure if I went back through my wardrobe as a 16 year old there would be some questionable gear in there! 

I'll stick to my M&S slacks from now on.

Thanks for your post mate, it brought me back down to earth! 

I saw that picture of Louie Barry and thought "wtf does he look like. My son will never dress like that whilst I'm alive" then read your post and thought "f**k, he's right. Remember that shellsuit craze I had when I left school and going to Foster menswear in Erdington and coming out of the changing room to find my best mate had bought the exact same as me". 

Each to their own! 

• Like 1

Would anyone take Theo Walcott on loan for the rest of the season? He is experienced, has a bit of gas, can play in any of the front three roles. Having him and Ally up top would really push the defence back and would also make us a counter attack threat in away matches. He doesn’t seem to get much game time at Everton.

4 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I saw that picture of Louie Barry and thought "wtf does he look like. My son will never dress like that whilst I'm alive" then read your post and thought "f**k, he's right. Remember that shellsuit craze I had when I left school and going to Foster menswear in Erdington and coming out of the changing room to find my best mate had bought the exact same as me". 

Each to their own! 

Ha ha. Fosters Menswear. I bought some sweet electric blue cords from there, with turn ups, in about 1989. I remember rocking up to the school disco thinking I was a fashion legend! 🤣

10 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Would anyone take Theo Walcott on loan for the rest of the season? He is experienced, has a bit of gas, can play in any of the front three roles. Having him and Ally up top would really push the defence back and would also make us a counter attack threat in away matches. He doesn’t seem to get much game time at Everton.

Would I be excited by signing him? No.

But he would be a sensible one, plugs a desperate gap and has experience, pace (if slowing) and can deliver. Would be a very good signing if not an immediately exciting or convincing one.

(I doubt he's available though, he didn't get a start for the first 8 games but has more gametime lately - Everton have a few injuries of their own - he's started quite a few over the last couple months. And has had 70 minutes in 2 of the last 3 games. The other game he came on with half hour to go Vs Man City and got an assist to get them back into the game, not sure he's out of favour too much at Everton yet)

Edited by HalfTimePost

7 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Each to their own! 

Cheers mate. Ahh shellsuits! 

I've a 13 year old, for Christmas he got the most awful, chav tracksuit ever, its hideous! 

Exactly like the ones I wore at his age! 

10 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

He's played a fair bit under Ancelotti plus I think he is one of the most frustrating players in the PL.  He never seems to have much confidence in his own ability, a bit like when Torres's game fell off a cliff.  Just something not quite right there.

38 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Each to their own! 

All about Farah. If you didnt have a pair of hideous "sports slacks" in 1987, you were nobody. Of course, you added Kickers clown shoes and a ski jacket to complete the look.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lawrence Shankland from Dundee? Must be cheap considering the league he's playing in. 22 goals in 19 games. Being chased by QPR, Everton and a couple of others. We could offer more game time than Everton and a better league etc than QPR. Would imagine he'd like to play with John as he tries to get to be the main striker for Scotland. We create a lot of chances and he'd probably not be put off by potentially playing in the championship next year

• Like 3

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

Ha ha. Fosters Menswear. I bought some sweet electric blue cords from there, with turn ups, in about 1989. I remember rocking up to the school disco thinking I was a fashion legend! 🤣

Please stop 😀

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

All about Farah. If you didnt have a pair of hideous "sports slacks" in 1987, you were nobody. Of course, you added Kickers clown shoes and a ski jacket to complete the look.

I was nobody.....thankfully 😳

54 minutes ago, SuffolkVillan said:

Mid 70's...two tone slacks and loafers.. cool 😜

Spent many a shilling at Nelson House 😂

spacer.png

Edited by imavillan
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, TRO said:

Sorry Rob, Its not arrogance, But I can see the issues as clear as a bell...football is simple and yes it is a careful evaluation.

You can build a whole squad all day long, but if the balance is not right, it becomes a fruiltless exercise.

I can't really help you if you can't see what I am saying.

Hogan Didn't run rings around us, thats a myth.

No one has a crystal ball, and no your can't predict who will and who won't be a succesful signing.......but the ones who do, do it have nous and foresight and above all create balance in a team....we can't have a team full of Jack Grealish's as tempting as it might be.

But The Saunders and his team, built a balanced squad as did Leicester......Man Utd have Faultered since Ferguson.....Why, because the balance is not right....these guys knew what was needed and where.

Our midfield has been woeful for some time, that's not by accident, it's by managers not beeing focused on the task in hand.....They have all took too long for the penny to drop.

as an example, Hourhane has a wand of a left foot, but does little else, we are blinded by it......that has been left unattended for too long, he is limited and we have too many limited players trying to keep us up in a league, where the opposition will fight for every ball.

Ignore ,what I am saying, I don't care.....but I want us to stay up and snowflakes like Jota and the like,won't keep us up

Is McGinn a snowflake? Is Heaton?

I’m sorry TRO but you’re talking complete codswallop. We have a relatively balanced squad, relative to the money spent. There’s just only so much proven quality you can add into a balanced squad when you have £120m

Who should we have signed, in your expert opinion? Perhaps a striker with character, grit & goals like Mitrovic... who got relegated.

Maybe we needed some Premier League experience... like Heaton, Targett, Mings, Taylor, Grealish and Elmo.

There’s a mix of premier league experience, character and quality in our squad. I don’t know what else you’re realistically saying we should have done/ or should be doing. 

The glaringly obvious failure was another option in the striking department. Most fans said that at the start of the season.

Blaming a bit-part squad player like Jota is a strange call. We clearly needed a squad. Hence why we brought in some cheap players (eg: Jota, Hause) and kept some players that are likely not Prem quality but will be Championship quality if we don’t stay up (eg: Hourihane).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SuffolkVillan said:

Mid 70's...two tone slacks and loafers.. cool 😜

I raise you, an open necked brutus shirt, gold medallion, oxford bags and burgundy platform shoes (Erdington disco chic) 😳 😉