January Transfers 2019/20

sne

58 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Ain't nobody like Joe Lolley.

Funny, heard someone on WM touting a swap deal for him with Lansbury. Then he scores a brace today.

9 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Ha, I met him once, in B&Q by Castle Vale. He was supposed to be out injured but he looked OK scampering around looking for DIY stuff

Lol..I sold him a new PC not long after he signed for Villa.  Wanted it on credit and was declined by the finance company. True story.

By all accounts Lolley hasn't been that great for Forest this season, even saw some of their fans saying that they hoped we came in for him in January. We're probably not going to sign a winger, but if we were, it's wouldn't be because we're short of wingers, it would be because we need better quality, so I don't think there'd be any point unless we were signing significantly better than we already have in that position.

• Like 1

Just now, useless said:

By all accounts Lolley hasn't been that great for Forest this season, even saw some of their fans saying that they hoped we came in for him in January. We're probably not going to sign a winger, but if we were, it's wouldn't be because we're short of wingers, it would be because we need better quality, so I don't think there'd be any point unless we were signing significantly better than we already have in that position.

Have to agree. 

Lolley would not be an upgrade on what we have. 

I’ve been reading the comments section of the BBC report on yesterday’s game. Despite the BBC naming Maupay MOTM he’s been getting a lot of stick from some of their fans. Their main complaint seems to be that he never shoots, so perhaps we didn’t buy him because he’s not as good as many of us, me included thought he was. I know he’s often touted as the one that got away in the summer, but I’d be interested to hear what people who went to Brighton yesterday thought of him. 

10 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’ve been reading the comments section of the BBC report on yesterday’s game. Despite the BBC naming Maupay MOTM he’s been getting a lot of stick from some of their fans. Their main complaint seems to be that he never shoots, so perhaps we didn’t buy him because he’s not as good as many of us, me included thought he was. I know he’s often touted as the one that got away in the summer, but I’d be interested to hear what people who went to Brighton yesterday thought of him. 

I dont rate him. He is one the reason they are near the bottom. People on here saying look at Brentford after Smith has left. Well Maupay left too!

Edited by Danishlad

12 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Have to say watching him yesterday I thought he’d be a good inside forward in a 3-4-3 (ie with Grealish behind a striker) but I wasn’t sure we were missing out on much on him leading the line (well, I mean we currently have nobody, so obviously I’d rather have him than nobody). But then it’s all going to depend how Samatta does, we might be wishing for 5 goals from Maupay between now and June or Samatta might knock in 10 and we are laughing...

• Like 1

Just now, Adam2003 said:

Have to say watching him yesterday I thought he’d be a good inside forward in a 3-4-3 (ie with Grealish behind a striker) but I wasn’t sure we were missing out on much on him leading the line (well, I mean we currently have nobody, so obviously I’d rather have him than nobody). But then it’s all going to depend how Samatta does, we might be wishing for 5 goals from Maupay between now and June or Samatta might knock in 10 and we are laughing...

Cheers Adam. 

20 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Every time I watch Brighton (which isn't often granted) they always to lack up front.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

We won't be laughing if Samatta gets all 10 in one game.

Image result for funny michael jackson dancing gif

Edited by jacketspuds
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Danishlad said:

I dont rate him. He is one the reason they are near the bottom. People on here saying look at Brentford after Smith has left. Well Maupay left too!

At least he has some fight in him....like one of those minature dogs that thinks it's a rottweiler 

• Like 1

Reports we are back in for Giroud as his inter move has stalled. Suso throwing everything at him apparently for wages and bonuses etc. 

Daily Star though so massive pinch of salt.