January Transfers 2019/20

sne

Easier said than done, but we have to get a couple of players in this week. Hause had a nightmare today. We need four quality players this window, ageing or not. Ideally another left sided CB, a central midfielder, a striker, a left/right  sided attacker. Pronto before we’re adrift. 

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

Desperately missing a few nasty horrible b-stards in this squad. As much as I hate him I wonder how much a Scott Brown would cost? We really need some bite in midfield and players who opposition players hate.

I've never rated him a huge amount in the past but someone like Fellani would probably be a smart pick up at this point. Horrible to play against and can get on the end of stuff in both boxes.

Trouble is if he's coming back to the prem he'd very likely pick West Ham ahead of us given his old manager is there.

I was going to mention Alex Witsel aswell but forgot he left China last year to go to Dortmund.

There certainly needs to be an inspired punt or two in this window as signing more players in the mould of Drinkwater isn't going to end well.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

4 in (or close) apparantly (according to someone wot heard DS post match interview) - so Reina is one - who are the other 3???

Vida, Louie Barry and hopefully a decent striker

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

"It's important that we add centre forward's to the squad".

Pretty sure Smith just said that on the BBC interview. Hopefully 2 strikers lined up quickly.

I'd take Glen Murray to be honest!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Watford and Crystal Palace are 2 teams with huge midfielders roaming around. We could definitely use a midfielder with some bulk to help us out against certain opposition.  

spacer.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

This is now becoming as important a week for this club as I can remember. 

We buy a striker this week or we go down - I really believe it's that simple - and if we go down, we might not be in this position again for a decade.

Ideally, we need three attacking players and a left back - but if we don't get one striker, someone who can run the channels, be available for the long ball and give us an "out" - if we don't get a striker that lets us be a football team, one that plays in a normal football team sort of way - we're done. Down. Finished.

FFP? Don't care.

Overpaying? Don't care.

If we don't get one that can help, we could be out of the top division and away from the money for years - it could be a £500m problem.

Buy a striker this week or die.

Nuff said