January Transfers 2019/20

sne

24 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Tbh I think next season if they Improve as we would hope, I think this would be a mid table team.

Heaton

Konsa - Engels - Mings

Guilbert - Nakamba - Luiz - Targett

Grealish - NEW

NEW

The two new players would need to be genuinely good players though, not potentially good, they would need to be very good players straight from the start.

Of course would need more players to Improve the bench and challenge the first team.

The only debate for me is would we also need an additional CM to replace Luiz or nakamba If they don't cut it.

Yup, I would go the same with hopefully a new dominant CB in for Engels and a tough bastard in DM to show Nakamba and Luiz how its done

• Like 2

Mentioned him on the other thread but how about Rodrigo De Paul from Udinese?

25 and 18 caps for Argentina in last two years. Can play out wide or number 10 role and has 20 goals in just over 100 games for Udinese.

Surely over the next few windows we need to be signing some players who play for better nations and also are regulars in strong league. Believe it or not but they won't all cost 50m. He's the sort that fits the profile I think we need.

I've always like Iago Falque at Torino aswell. Was at Spurs as a young player. Been injured a fair bit this season but when fit he reguarly gets into double figures in Serie A despite being more of a wide forward (Belotti is obviously their out and out striker). 30 goals in again 100 games since 2016 for Torino.

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Tbh I think next season if they Improve as we would hope, I think this would be a mid table team.

Heaton

Konsa - Engels - Mings

Guilbert - Nakamba - Luiz - Targett

Grealish - NEW

NEW

The two new players would need to be genuinely good players though, not potentially good, they would need to be very good players straight from the start.

Of course would need more players to Improve the bench and challenge the first team.

The only debate for me is would we also need an additional CM to replace Luiz or nakamba If they don't cut it.

You'd have Nakamba and Luiz over McGinn?   That's not too far off the team that got hammered by City, Watford and Southampton.  The NEW's had better be some awesome players!

We obviously need a striker, and probably a winger, but we need almost as badly a player or two who can help get the ball from the defense and move it past the center line without giving it away.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

25 and 18 caps for Argentina in last two years. Can play out wide or number 10 role and has 20 goals in just over 100 games for Udinese.

Surely over the next few windows we need to be signing some players who play for better nations and also are regulars in strong league. Believe it or not but they won't all cost 50m. He's the sort that fits the profile I think we need.

Inter interested and on a long contract, probably unattainable.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

I've always like Iago Falque at Torino aswell. Was at Spurs as a young player. Been injured a fair bit this season but when fit he reguarly gets into double figures in Serie A despite being more of a wide forward (Belotti is obviously their out and out striker). 30 goals in again 100 games since 2016 for Torino.

An Udinese player I like, but I can't see us after this month is Rolando Mandragora. He's the kind of defensive mid we could use right now.

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Louie Barry shouldn't even be classed as a signing imo, kid may have huge potential but he is only 16 so to me that would be same as anyone we sign at that age who goes into the under 23s/development.

Why shouldn’t he be classed as a signing? Barcelona obviously saw something in him

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why shouldn’t he be classed as a signing? Barcelona obviously saw something in him

. . . because in all likelihood he won't be able to play a meaningful part this season, and perhaps not for a couple of years.

When Smith comes out and says 'we're close to signing 4 players', most people don't expect one of them to be a long-term youth project.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

. . . because in all likelihood he won't be able to play a meaningful part this season, and perhaps not for a couple of years.

When Smith comes out and says 'we're close to signing 4 players', most people don't expect one of them to be a long-term youth project.

We have to build for the future too, not just the present 

Drinkwater wasn't 'out of the blue', he was linked with us back in December by Rob Dorsett, and he outright stated that we wanted to sign him as a replacement for McGinn, the transfer was being talk about on here for over a week before he actually signed. As for Reina he hasn't even offically signed yet, so that one hasn't come out of the blue either, he's been linked since last week, and that story was actually broke by the daily mail, who were also first with the Louie Barry transfer - who has it happens is another who the media have known about for a while now, but hasn't sign yet. Piatek was first mentioned by Matt Law in the Telegraph, so again the Italian press weren't the first with that one either.

Aston Villa are reportedly not interested in bringing former striker Christian Benteke back to Villa Park

Aston Villa are reportedly ready to pay £5million (€6m) for Besiktas ace Domagoj Vida however the Turkish side are believed to want more.

Edited by Dave-R

Manchester United have been backed to secure an £70million summer deal for Jack Grealish - but the attacking midfielder will only leave Aston Villa if they are relegated from the Premier League this season. 

It will take more than that and I'd put a bet that city will raise you on it as well, there will be a bidding war from bigger clubs. Embedded into there sides means he will cause havoc against any other big teams, Jack will no doubt reach untold heights.

Yes I think the final bid that gets Jack Grealish would be well over £100 million, that's if we get relegated.

Mcginn between 40-60 million

Mings about 25-40 million

Heaton about 10-15 million

We get relegated were looking at a fair bit of coin, we could rebuild with. Yes it's championship football but the right management and scouting in place could see us re-invest a good portion of that wisely and build a promotion winning team as well as a premier surviving team.

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Louie Barry shouldn't even be classed as a signing imo, kid may have huge potential but he is only 16 so to me that would be same as anyone we sign at that age who goes into the under 23s/development.

He should be classed as a signing, we need to nuture him carefully and allow him to progress if all the storys of this young talent are true. We dont want him lost in what seems to be a graveyard of young talent that never seems to find the light into the senior team, something is very wrong with it all I think.

Let's face it, if we do not survive we have no choice but to sell Jack, John, Tyrone, Tom and maybe a few others. Although we will be able to rebuild the question is where does the next big talent come from who is on Grealish's path, if the storys are true it looks to be this Barry.

Yes we certainly need to make sure this lad makes it because he could be our next big prospect which is a way away, we really need a way of finding young talent faster. In my eyes our young talent isnt progressing as it should be and thats concerning that we as a big sized club should really be finding a player every few years or less, not every 6-10 years.

Edited by Dave-R

13 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Yes I think the final bid that gets Jack Grealish would be well over £100 million, that's if we get relegated.

Mcginn between 40-60 million

Mings about 25-40 million

Heaton about 10-15 million

These figures are seriously optimistic... particularly Grealish and Heaton. 100 million for a championship transfer is bonkers and we bought Heaton for 8, how could we possibly ask 10-15 after being relegated + him being another year older + coming off a serious injury.

If we stay in the prem however, I can see Jack potentially going for 100.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Hawk said:

These figures are seriously optimistic... particularly Grealish and Heaton. 100 million for a championship transfer is bonkers and we bought Heaton for 8, how could we possibly ask 10-15 after being relegated + him being another year older + coming off a serious injury.

If we stay in the prem however, I can see Jack potentially going for 100.

You say that but then you have to look at the player and what he'd still be worth to us in the championship and our whole campaign there. If clubs want the players who have played well in the team despite us being relegated you have to make them pay the price you try get the most out of them you can. Also put it this way, once they are in those top clubs there value no doubt increases further, they didn't do the hard work with the players, that was done by our club.

I don't think it's optimistic at all, maybe on Heaton yes because of his age, but you don't get if you don't try and get it do you.

26 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

You say that but then you have to look at the player and what he'd still be worth to us in the championship and our whole campaign there. If clubs want the players who have played well in the team despite us being relegated you have to make them pay the price you try get the most out of them you can. Also put it this way, once they are in those top clubs there value no doubt increases further, they didn't do the hard work with the players, that was done by our club.

I don't think it's optimistic at all, maybe on Heaton yes because of his age, but you don't get if you don't try and get it do you.

*Villa get relegated*

Spurs: “how much for Grealish?”

Villa: “100m”

Spurs: “what!? youve got a player who doesn’t want to play in the championship and FFP to abide by but you’re asking for roughly 6x the championship transfer record!?”

Villa: “Put it this way, once he’s in your top club his value is going to increase even further, we did the hard work with him, that was done by us.”

Spurs: “........... Can I speak to whoever is in charge please?”

This time last year, when Villa had no centre backs, I was looking at League One for centre backs who were performing well. I looked on some site and found two names. One I can't remember and the other was Ethan Pinnock. Big, strappy lad who plays left-sided centre back and is now playing at Brentford in the Championship's best defence. 

Gems can be found from all over the place. Alli and Gomez were plucked from the lower leagues. Are there any strikers further down the leagues that are hitting the net regularly? 

27 minutes ago, The Hawk said:

*Villa get relegated*

Spurs: “how much for Grealish?”

Villa: “100m”

Spurs: “what!? youve got a player who doesn’t want to play in the championship and FFP to abide by but you’re asking for roughly 6x the championship transfer record!?”

Villa: “Put it this way, once he’s in your top club his value is going to increase even further, we did the hard work with him, that was done by us.”

Spurs: “........... Can I speak to whoever is in charge please?”

It won’t just be Spurs though. There will be lots of interest from lots of top clubs. £100m minimum.